PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get involved in something unique?

CharlieMike
03-06-2014, 14:38
I'm a combat veteran doing the entire trail for the Wounded Warriors Project for obvious reasons and the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund in memory of my Mom. Check out the site below to see how it's interactive and fun to watch. Can't wait to hit the trail in July!

http://www.operationcharliemike.com/

4eyedbuzzard
03-06-2014, 14:49
Thank you for your service and best of luck on your hike!

Mags
03-06-2014, 16:15
Shameless plug for our silly little podcast: We are interviewing Sean Gobin tomorrow night. He heads up the entire Warrior Hike's program.

Our small part to help out this fine program.

Earl Shaffer used the AT to "walk off the war". Nice to see the long trails continuing to be used as a place of solace for our veterans.

CharlieMike
03-07-2014, 14:31
4eyedbuzzard, Thank you kindly sir!

and Mags thats not shameless! I always welcome things like that and I actually exchanged a few emails with Sean about the trail... he tried to help me out with equipment and is a really good guy for what he organizes each year. Have fun with the interview!

Just Bill
03-07-2014, 18:02
Charlie Mike- Thanks for your service.

Mags- When you interview him- ask about how folks can help out with this. Great program, I did a little looking into it to see about helping out, donations are easy enough to find but little if any contact info for any long distance hikers to help with mentorship/assistance. I think many hikers would be willing to reach out and help local vets get tune up and on the trail if the program was interested in that type of assistance/donation of time.

Starchild
03-07-2014, 18:24
Didn't you just post something here on WB advertizing your hike?

Mags
03-07-2014, 19:56
Charlie Mike- Thanks for your service.

Mags- When you interview him- ask about how folks can help out with this. Great program, I did a little looking into it to see about helping out, donations are easy enough to find but little if any contact info for any long distance hikers to help with mentorship/assistance. I think many hikers would be willing to reach out and help local vets get tune up and on the trail if the program was interested in that type of assistance/donation of time.

excellent idea, I will be sure to mention that tonight.

q-tip
03-08-2014, 13:21
Thank you for your service and your sacrifice for our country....good luck, WW Project does great work....

kayak karl
03-08-2014, 14:03
Didn't you just post something here on WB advertizing your hike? http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?99498-Thru-Hike-Fundraiser