PDA

View Full Version : How many WB'ers have you hiked with?

rafe
03-06-2014, 20:22
Excluding rucks & gatherings & mostly social events... how many WB'ers have you actually hiked with?

Teacher & Snacktime
03-06-2014, 21:04
If you count the 1/2 mile in VA to deliver water to a shelter, then HikerMom, DeerHunter & Illabelle.

In VA/WV, FarmerChef (and family).

In MA/CT, Another Kevin.

In NY, Another Kevin, Rocketsocks, Sarcasm the Elf, Moose717, Brighteyes, Askus3, LIHiker, Coach Lou, IM Scotty, Malto and 1azarus. (I assume that starting off together counts, but in actuality most of these folk left vapor trails for us to follow, and others we met up with at a shelter.)

Ask me this question in June and you'll get a MUCH LONGER LIST!!

Lone Wolf
03-06-2014, 21:19
a few dozen or so

Kerosene
03-06-2014, 21:57
Probably a dozen, but most of those on a day hike to McAfee Knob in February 2011 with a bunch of Virginia-area WBers. I have done multiple hikes with Hikerhead (aka, Hokey Pokey) and one extended section hike with WalkerAT99 (rarely active here anymore). I've met a few dozen more on various section hikes, but I'm sure that there were many others that I met but the conversation never got around to WhiteBlaze.

Different Socks
03-06-2014, 21:59
None so far. That's what happens when you live in middle of nowhere MT and you work 2 jobs to pay for the long walks.
But I guess I'll meet some of them some day, most likely on my next long walk.

rafe
03-06-2014, 22:03
Yeah I'll bet it happens that WB'ers meet by chance without knowing of (or bringing up) the WB connection.

Many Moons
03-06-2014, 22:21
Zero!!! HYOH!!! Met many WB. BJ and LW and JK and Seatbelt/w/son. And many others. I hike by my self. Fun to meet them, but you got to hike on your own. HIKE ON!!!

Miller

Excluding rucks & gatherings & mostly social events... how many WB'ers have you actually hiked with?

Tipi Walter
03-06-2014, 22:31
Yeah I'll bet it happens that WB'ers meet by chance without knowing of (or bringing up) the WB connection.

This is especially true when hiking the Appalachian Trail, and probably the other long trails. Here's a list of Whiteblazers I've seen in the woods and/or hiked with---

Sgt Rock
Dixiecritter
Envirodiver
Rain Man
Hootyhoo
Cuffs
Eman
Magnus
Bearpaw

Allegheny
Cadenza
Nightwalker
Two Speed
Auburn Breeze
Radar
Cap'n
Rcarver
Ed Bell

Papa D aka Troll
Mowgli aka Jeffrey Hunter
Generoll
CBSS Tony
Hoppin John
Superman
Medicine Man
Wisenber

Ewker
HamHocker
Grinder

Probably forgot several.

HikerMom58
03-06-2014, 22:50
Actually hiked with... let's see here. Teacher & Snacktime, Cedar Tree (just a short distance) Deer Hunter & Illabelle. I think that's it.

I know you didn't ask rafe but I have met a lot of Wber's. I love it! I never went to a gathering, ruck or social event. (Except one social event in downtown Roanoke when I wasn't active on WB at all)

I've met in person- Lone Wolf, Hikerboy, Coach Lou, ATRobin aka Violet, Dr. Gadget, MDSection12, Astro, Carry On, Chin Music, B-Rocket, Oz, Army Ant, Invisible Man,TOW aka Crazy Larry, Lady Grey, Buddy Backpacker, Grey Ghost aka Sherpa, Brooke, Joshua's Dad, rather go up, PJ and the hiking family of 5.. (can't remember her username) I know I'm forgetting someone. Kerosene, Cookerhiker & Hikerhead.

I talked on the phone with Tuckahoe, Malto, (almost met those two) Special K and I think Big Dawg. (that was a while ago)

I'm Facebook friends with almost as many more... Mountain Mike, (almost met him too) Blissful,Sly, Another Kevin, Farmer Chef, Rain Man, Storm, ATMilkman, S'more, NCmedic, Kayak Karl, Josh Calhoun aka Rush, Jack Tarlin aka Baltimore Jack,ATTroll, Miss Janet, The Cleaner and Fat Head..... I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I'm looking forward to hiking with more WB friends in April. Love, love meeting you guys/gals.

It's nice living 5 miles from the trail in VA. C'mon down south! I think I'll be meeting more soon.. can't wait! :)

Many Moons
03-06-2014, 22:59
Actually hiked with... let's see here. Teacher & Snacktime, Cedar Tree (just a short distance) Deer Hunter & Illabelle. I think that's it.

I know you didn't ask rafe but I have met a lot of Wber's. I love it! I never went to a gathering, ruck or social event.

I've met in person- Lone Wolf, Hikerboy, Coach Lou, ATRobin aka Violet, Dr. Gadget, MDSection12, Astro, Carry On, Chin Music, B-Rocket, Oz, Army Ant, Invisible Man,TOW aka Crazy Larry, Lady Grey, Buddy Backpacker, Grey Ghost aka Sherpa, Brooke, Joshua's Dad, rather go up, PJ and the hiking family of 5.. (can't remember her username) I know I'm forgetting someone. Kerosene, Cookerhiker & Hikerhead.

I talked on the phone with Tuckahoe, Malto, (almost met those two) Special K and I think Big Dawg. (that was a while ago)

I'm Facebook friends with almost as many more... Mountain Mike, (almost met him too) Blissful,Sly, Another Kevin, Farmer Chef, Rain Man, Storm, ATMilkman, S'more, NCmedic, Kayak Karl, Josh Calhoun aka Rush, Jack Tarlin aka Baltimore Jack,ATTroll, Miss Janet and Fat Head..... I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I'm looking forward to hiking with more WB friends in April. Love, love meeting you guys/gals :o)

It's nice living 5 miles from the trail in VA. C'mon down south! I think I'll be meeting more soon.. can't wait! :)
Va ain't south. Ya'll come on down to North Carolina! HAHA!!! HIKE ON!!!

Miller

coach lou
03-06-2014, 22:59
The Elf
Driver8
Hikerboy 57
Rock-n-socks
Goody
No-Name
WOO
Cricket
Oz
Teacher
Snacktime
Another Kevin
Moose
Askus
Big Eyes
Laz
Malto
LI Hikers & Tora
I'm scotty

I have also enjoyed the company of
HMKD58
Invisible man
Army Ant
Rolling Rs
Violet
Maine Bob
Sassafrass
Pink Leprechan
Brightside
Fidget & .com

and have hiked in and out of the Blue Blaze with the Lobo Solo

HikerMom58
03-06-2014, 23:05
Va ain't south. Ya'll come on down to North Carolina! HAHA!!! HIKE ON!!!

Miller

Hey now, it's South for me... lol. I'm from NH! :) Maybe I'll meet you sometime! :p

HikerMom58
03-06-2014, 23:08
The Elf
Driver8
Hikerboy 57
Rock-n-socks
Goody
No-Name
WOO
Cricket
Oz
Teacher
Snacktime
Another Kevin
Moose
Askus
Big Eyes
Laz
Malto
LI Hikers & Tora
I'm scotty

HMKD58
Invisible man
Army Ant
Rolling Rs
Violet
Maine Bob
Sassafrass
Pink Leprechan
Brightside
Fidget & .com

That's quite a list! :) Nice hanging out with you too, Coach.

coach lou
03-06-2014, 23:11
That's quite a list! :) Nice hanging out with you too, Coach.

It is a list of wonderful folks that I have met these last 3 years, thru the Blaze and on the trail.

coach lou
03-06-2014, 23:14
I would love to meet Tipis list:)

Tipi Walter
03-06-2014, 23:29
I would love to meet Tipis list:)

Didn't I meet you out on the trail?

coach lou
03-06-2014, 23:34
Didn't I meet you out on the trail?
No Sir! Someday............lookin' forward to it!

Sarcasm the elf
03-06-2014, 23:48
In NY, Another Kevin, Rocketsocks, Sarcasm the Elf, Moose717, Brighteyes, Askus3, LIHiker, Coach Lou, IM Scotty, Malto and 1azarus. (I assume that starting off together counts, but in actuality most of these folk left vapor trails for us to follow, and others we met up with at a shelter.)

Well your NY list sums up most of mine, I only need to add Teacher, Snacktime, Hikerboy, Driver8 and Coach Lou's 6lb cheesecake!

Sarcasm the elf
03-06-2014, 23:49
No Sir! Someday............lookin' forward to it!

Second that, I'd be honored to meetup with Tipi Walter, especially on a subzero winter trip.

HikerMom58
03-06-2014, 23:57
Different Socks... ur inbox is full.

rafe
03-07-2014, 00:11
It's nice living 5 miles from the trail in VA.

I'll bet. For me the trail's either 2 hours west to the Berkshires or 2 hours north to the Whites. I'd love to live near the trail. Maybe when I retire.

Dogwood
03-07-2014, 00:49
I've met a few dozen. It's not like everyone I meet I mention WB either. I've hiked extensively with three WBers - me, myself, and I.

Astro
03-07-2014, 00:51

Yeah, I met Farmer Chef last summer at Laurel Falls. Talked just a little with him and his wife, and did not realize who it was until later. Unfortunately missed the photo op.

daddytwosticks
03-07-2014, 08:23
I've not hiked with any, but have run into a few during my hikes: Northern Lights, Rash, Black Cloud, Mountain Dew, Mountain Squid, and of course Baltimore Jack. :)

moose717
03-07-2014, 10:00

Yep ... this was a great trip. Met a lot of awesome people that I hope to hike with again!

garlic08
03-07-2014, 10:04
I never heard of WB until after my AT hike. Mags told me about it, and I met Mags via trailforums.com. (I met Minnesota Smith at one of Mags' rucks, and thankfully didn't know of his rep here.) I met a few big WB names on the AT without knowing it--Mt Squid on day one, Baltimore Jack, Warren Doyle, and I'm sure quite a few others. Somehow I missed LW in Damascus--my loss. But since then, I've met a few great folks via this site; Sly, ChinMusic, Marta, Pyroman, Pokey, come to mind right away. It's pretty fun when you travel and you can contact someone here and meet them for a local hike, maybe even stay at their house.

Odd Man Out
03-07-2014, 10:10
I have a WB sticker I plan to hang from my pack this summer. Maybe someone coming from behind will introduce themselves. I figure a lot of people will be passing me.

Teacher & Snacktime
03-07-2014, 10:28
Well your NY list sums up most of mine, I only need to add Teacher, Snacktime, Hikerboy, Driver8 and Coach Lou's 6lb cheesecake!

Unfortunately, I never met the cheesecake....sigh.

I'll bet. For me the trail's either 2 hours west to the Berkshires or 2 hours north to the Whites. I'd love to live near the trail. Maybe when I retire.

For us it's 3 hrs to either....but we'd be happy to pick you up on our way to one or the other!

Teacher & Snacktime
03-07-2014, 10:30
What's a ruck?

RED-DOG
03-07-2014, 10:35
None that i no of, but i don't go around asking everybody if their WB members either.

Hikemor
03-07-2014, 10:41
Lone Wolf and Jim from FL (forget what his WB handle is). That was way before the interwebs.

kayak karl
03-07-2014, 10:41
Active members 2 add the inactive then 8.

Lone Wolf
03-07-2014, 10:45
What's a ruck?
http://www.soruck.net/

rafe
03-07-2014, 10:46
I never heard of WB until after my AT hike. Mags told me about it, and I met Mags via trailforums.com. (I met Minnesota Smith at one of Mags' rucks, and thankfully didn't know of his rep here.) I met a few big WB names on the AT without knowing it--Mt Squid on day one, Baltimore Jack, Warren Doyle, and I'm sure quite a few others. Somehow I missed LW in Damascus--my loss. But since then, I've met a few great folks via this site; Sly, ChinMusic, Marta, Pyroman, Pokey, come to mind right away. It's pretty fun when you travel and you can contact someone here and meet them for a local hike, maybe even stay at their house.

I've met Pokey (and several other WBers) but almost all off-trail. Of course there could be lots of Pokeys. Only a few on the trail, that I know of. Met one more (former WBer) stepping off the trail in Monson, he was basically living and working at Shaws.

Lone Wolf
03-07-2014, 10:46
http://www.soruck.net/http://www.paruck.com/

FarmerChef
03-07-2014, 11:03
I've hiked with or met a few including, Teacher & Snacktime in WV/VA, Buddy Backpacker (and his fam) in NC/TN, Chin Music in NH, El Flacco in NC/TN (twice, 2 years apart), Astro in NC/TN (and it took us a day or two to figure it out), and a few others who are no longer on WB. And I just missed Train Wreck by a couple of hours in New Hampshire. So close!

ALLEGHENY
03-07-2014, 12:53
I never hiked with any, I hike solo. On my 2012 thru I met some.
Started Feb. 29th same day as Yogi. I did not know of her fame at the time.
Old Hiker started that day also.
Remember seeing Crazy Larry at the laundry and Lone Wolf in Damascus.
Ran into Tipi ( his pack was blocking the trail ).;) Funny It was the only day it snowed. I recognized him from WB.
Saw Balls & Sunshine as they zipped by in SNP.
Spoke with Lauriep at HP ATC.

Probably many more.

Have read some journals of a few that I hiked among. Not sure if they're here.

Rolls Kanardly
03-07-2014, 13:59
Lets assume that I am dumber than a box of rocks. What is a ruck? I went to an internet dictionary and could not find a definition of the word ruck. Until I went to paruck.com and soruck.net dictionary came up blank.
Yes I saw "An AT get together". Ruck stands for what please. Rolls

ALLEGHENY
03-07-2014, 14:27
Let me guess that it may have something to do with a army ruck sack or maybe a ruckus.

FarmerChef
03-07-2014, 14:47
Lets assume that I am dumber than a box of rocks. What is a ruck? I went to an internet dictionary and could not find a definition of the word ruck. Until I went to paruck.com and soruck.net dictionary came up blank.
Yes I saw "An AT get together". Ruck stands for what please. Rolls

I've always assumed it stood for Ruck Sack. It's what I used to call a backpack when I was a kid.

Deer Hunter
03-07-2014, 15:33

I know you didn't ask rafe but I have met a lot of Wber's. I love it! I never went to a gathering, ruck or social event. (Except one social event in downtown Roanoke when I wasn't active on WB at all)

I'm Facebook friends with almost as many more... Mountain Mike, (almost met him too) Blissful,Sly, Another Kevin, Farmer Chef, Rain Man, Storm, ATMilkman, S'more, NCmedic, Kayak Karl, Josh Calhoun aka Rush, Jack Tarlin aka Baltimore Jack,ATTroll, Miss Janet, The Cleaner and Fat Head..... I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I'm looking forward to hiking with more WB friends in April. Love, love meeting you guys/gals.

I agree, it is nice. I couldn't imagine living where I couldn't get to a mountain in just a few minutes.

Rain Man
03-07-2014, 17:40
Lets assume that I am dumber than a box of rocks. What is a ruck?

Let Me Google That For You. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ruck)

"1.
a. A multitude; a throng.
b. The undistinguished crowd or ordinary run of persons or things.
2. People who are followers, not leaders."

"2.
the great mass of undistinguished or inferior persons or things."

:)

Furlough
03-07-2014, 22:11
Outside of my Father and Brother none that I am aware of. Will change that in April.

coach lou
03-07-2014, 22:19
I love all the pictures, but for me... hooking up with folks up and down the trail has been just wonderful. It almost makes the distances seem shorter.

moose717
03-08-2014, 13:14
I love all the pictures, but for me... hooking up with folks up and down the trail has been just wonderful. It almost makes the distances seem shorter.

100% agree with this Lou!

Tipi Walter
03-08-2014, 13:21
100% agree with this Lou!

I've met several backpackers who "know me" from Whiteblaze or the interweb and it's always a treat to chitchat. The best times for me comes when I go out with a small group of close backpacking friends. We share a good history of backpacking in the 1980's and '90's and so whatever reunion we can pull off is fantastic. Sadly, this rarely happens anymore as we age into the twilight years, or twilight zones.

Teacher & Snacktime
03-08-2014, 14:47
Outside of my Father and Brother none that I am aware of. Will change that in April.

Wow, Furlough...you'll go from zero to a dozen in one hike! Looking forward to it!

Deer Hunter
03-08-2014, 14:59
Wow, Furlough...you'll go from zero to a dozen in one hike! Looking forward to it!

Me too. Crossing my fingers for good weather.

coach lou
03-08-2014, 16:31
I've met several backpackers who "know me" from Whiteblaze or the interweb and it's always a treat to chitchat. The best times for me comes when I go out with a small group of close backpacking friends. We share a good history of backpacking in the 1980's and '90's and so whatever reunion we can pull off is fantastic. Sadly, this rarely happens anymore as we age into the twilight years, or twilight zones.

Which is why finding this was number 1 for getting back on the trail. All my buds from walking in the 70/80...90s....they are all old, decrepit or dead! In those years I walked in Conn, Vt. and NH pretty much exclusively, and trips to MT. Meeting all these folks has brought me to 5 new states to hike.

rafe
03-08-2014, 20:39
Which is why finding this was number 1 for getting back on the trail. All my buds from walking in the 70/80...90s....they are all old, decrepit or dead! In those years I walked in Conn, Vt. and NH pretty much exclusively, and trips to MT. Meeting all these folks has brought me to 5 new states to hike.

I resemble that remark, Coach Lou. My hiking career started on Moosilauke in '75 or so and is by no means over. Of course I did blow off a potential day of hiking today to fly RC planes instead. It felt like the first day of spring, almost 60 degrees. Woo hoo!

Another Kevin
03-08-2014, 21:33
How many WhiteBlazers have I met in person? How many were on the Harriman trip in January? I'd met Laz, Teacher and Snacktime earlier, but that doesn't affect the count since they were along on the January trip as well.

I'd surely like to meet more of you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

HikerMom58
03-09-2014, 00:31
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

johnnybgood
03-09-2014, 17:22
I've met a half dozen or so , none of which are active on WB anymore. Only hiked with Hikerhead away from rucks and the Roanoke meet up a few years back.

HikerMom58
03-10-2014, 08:59
I've met a half dozen or so , none of which are active on WB anymore. Only hiked with Hikerhead away from rucks and the Roanoke meet up a few years back.

Yes, I met you in Roanoke. I don't remember you though... that's terrible. :( Hope to see you this Spring! :)

88BlueGT
03-10-2014, 17:42
None.... unfortunately. One day....

Josh Calhoun
05-06-2014, 15:10
I've hiked with or met a few including, Teacher & Snacktime in WV/VA, Buddy Backpacker (and his fam) in NC/TN, Chin Music in NH, El Flacco in NC/TN (twice, 2 years apart), Astro in NC/TN (and it took us a day or two to figure it out), and a few others who are no longer on WB. And I just missed Train Wreck by a couple of hours in New Hampshire. So close!iv met FarmerChef in TN on my hike last year. also daddy2stix, lone wolf and several others

Many Moons
12-25-2014, 19:12
Stayed at Kincora in October with Bob, Lumpy and Baltimore Jack.

Damn Yankee
12-25-2014, 22:15
Nobody remembers meeting or hiking with me? I must have made a bad impression. Oh wait, I was in back all the way.

2015 Lady Thru-Hiker
12-25-2014, 22:23
2 to date - Damn Yankee and Julio from NY

Damn Yankee
12-26-2014, 01:56
2015 Lady Thru-Hiker (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/102270-How-many-WB-ers-have-you-hiked-with/member.php/52702-2015-Lady-Thru-Hiker) , going to do the MacAfee's knob hike on New Years day with my Grand-daughter, interested?

MuddyWaters
12-26-2014, 09:27
I have hiked with one.

I have met several.

2015 Lady Thru-Hiker
12-26-2014, 09:40
Gonna be in Hampton Roads for the New Year DY. Otherwise I'd love to. Thanks for the invite. Next time?

Teacher & Snacktime
12-26-2014, 11:07
We remember you, DY, although it was Snacktime you hiked with....and of course the rest of the group....as I was out of commission and hanging out with Deer Hunter for our James River gathering.

29292 29291

T-Rx
12-26-2014, 12:05
I've had the good fortune to meet several WB members and actually hike with a couple of WBers. Met up with Papa G and Steve (aka My Friend) this year while doing a section hike north of Hot Springs. Great conversation and hiking! It's always fun to make the WB connection with fellow hikers.

Damn Yankee
12-26-2014, 14:26
We remember you, DY, although it was Snacktime you hiked with....and of course the rest of the group....as I was out of commission and hanging out with Deer Hunter for our James River gathering.

29292 29291

I remember you being out of commission and seem to remember some donuts going around. Hope your well.

Deer Hunter
12-26-2014, 22:37
I remember you being out of commission and seem to remember some donuts going around. Hope your well.

Yes, Aficion was nice enough to bring coffee and donuts for everybody.

Many Moons
12-26-2014, 23:01
Seatbelt! Seminal! Brown Blaze! Hook! me-11-Miller! Chief! Robo and Tink! Big Red! Hike On!!!

Miller

Many Moons
05-11-2016, 21:55
Still meeting more as I hike north slowly!

coach lou
05-11-2016, 23:01
The Elf
Driver8
Hikerboy 57
Rock-n-socks
Goody
No-Name
WOO
Cricket
Oz
Teacher
Snacktime
Another Kevin
Moose
Askus
Big Eyes
Laz
Malto
LI Hikers & Tora
I'm scotty

HMKD58
Invisible man
Army Ant
Rolling Rs
Violet
Maine Bob
Sassafrass
Pink Leprechan
Brightside
Fidget & .com

I must now add:

Just Bill
AT Lt.
CMoulder
Casey, Gina & Coyote
Tip Toe
Snorz
Astro
Mr. Coffee
Rafe
Sly
Laurie P
Legion
....and Baltimore Jack

shelb
05-11-2016, 23:20
I guess I haven't ever asked people! I probably should!

George
05-12-2016, 02:06
quite a few, but most do not know who I am on here - I like to play both ends and keep the separation

left52side
05-13-2016, 16:55
I have hiked with two different whiteblazers.
Cedarkeyhiker who has became quite A good friend of mine and we have done several hikes since our first hike. and ldsailor.
Was planning on meeting up with mtdoradave and hitting A section of the florida trail at some point.

Gambit McCrae
05-13-2016, 17:10
I have hiked with 1, have shared a campfire, cold beer, overlook or shuttle ride with many..apx 10-15

LIhikers
05-13-2016, 20:25
I think the only WBers I've met are ones that I've hiked with on the MLK Weekend hikes in NY's Harriman State Park, or that I've met at the RPH Cabin work weekends in July.

LIhikers
05-13-2016, 20:26
Oh, there have been some others too. At an ALDA gathering and on the AT

coach lou
06-29-2016, 22:28
I must now add:

Just Bill
AT Lt.
CMoulder
Casey, Gina & Coyote
Tip Toe
Snorz
Astro
Mr. Coffee
Rafe
Sly
Laurie P
Legion
....and Baltimore Jack

And now after a trip (that words can not describe), to Roan Mtn, I have met

Gambit Maccray
and Crazy Larry!!!

sorry Man, i know I spelled it wrong.

And let us not forget that lovely youngf lady you were walking with!

was it JC sometning...Tracy....??? I can't remember!

Skyline
06-29-2016, 23:05
Going back 23+ years...probably no more than 15. Only five for long stretches, away from my home area while I was sectioning. The rest for shorter distances in nearby SNP, just because...

Teacher & Snacktime
06-29-2016, 23:05
If you count the 1/2 mile in VA to deliver water to a shelter, then HikerMom, DeerHunter & Illabelle.

In VA/WV, FarmerChef (and family).

In MA/CT, Another Kevin.

Well, it's a couple of years past June, so here's an update:

MD with Furlough, Trailwobbles & Boondock

MA w/ Solace

Snacktime and I have met more WB'ers than I could possibly list, and now Gumball and I are making friends along our way. (the most recent of which is Solace whom we met and hiked with from Upper Goose Pond Cabin earlier this month.

We've been away from the trail and the community for a while now, and it's my hope that friendships will be rekindled and new acquaintances will be acquired.

Up and coming: hiking in CT with Tiptoe and ME with Rainman....woohoo!

Sarcasm the elf
06-29-2016, 23:59
And now after a trip (that words can not describe), to Roan Mtn, I have met

Gambit Maccray
and Crazy Larry!!!

sorry Man, i know I spelled it wrong.

Showoff!! :D:banana

la.lindsey
06-30-2016, 04:53

That was me, la Lindsey (aka birthday girl) hiking with Gambit! He didn't tell me I was in that picture and my face is incredibly stupid. Preserved for all of posterity. It was great to meet you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coach lou
06-30-2016, 05:35
That was me, la Lindsey (aka birthday girl) hiking with Gambit! He didn't tell me I was in that picture and my face is incredibly stupid. Preserved for all of posterity. It was great to meet you!!

I didn't see any picture.....where is it?

la.lindsey
06-30-2016, 06:23
I didn't see any picture.....where is it?

Sent you a PM

Gambit McCrae
06-30-2016, 08:18
There's Ol' Couch Lou and Birthday Girl

rafe
06-30-2016, 21:04
SloGo'En and I have done a bunch of hikes together these last couple of years. Good times.

I met a bunch of WB'ers on the MLK-weekend hike at Harriman last winter. Might see one or two at the RPH work party.

Traillium
07-01-2016, 00:04
I just finished thruhiking the Bruce Trail here in Ontario (895 km in 43 days).
And made wonderful by bumping into Kookork on the third morning. We hiked together the rest of the way.

Bruce Traillium