PDA

View Full Version : Long Trail

hawkeye
09-14-2005, 11:29
I am leaving Monday morning(19th) to start the Long Trail. Anyone going to be out there?

Rough
09-14-2005, 14:27
I've been section hiking on the LT all summer - from Middlebury Gap to the Canadian border. Lately I've been all over the Monroe Skyline and thru hiker sightings have been few. You will always find the trail busy on weekends and holidays around Lincoln Gap, App Gap, Camel's Hump, Mansfield, and Jay Peak - so you won't be lonely once you cross Lincoln Gap.

Good luck and enjoy your hike - water is still plentiful and the bugs are gone (at last).

The Solemates
09-14-2005, 18:56
you missed us. we were just there 2 weekends ago.

A-Train
09-14-2005, 19:32
I had to abandon my Rutland to Canada plans because I simply had too small a window to hike it with all that has been going on recently. I did the Monroe Skyline (App Gap to Lincoln Gap) on saturday and it was an absolute perfect day. Met one end-to-ender. Water seemed pretty plentiful. As mentioned you'll probably only see folks in the popular areas on weekends. Besides that, you'll have the trail to yourself. Enjoy!

jigsaw
09-14-2005, 19:39
my wife and i have been sectioning the lt a few weekends this summer will be going over killington in a couple weeks. water has been plentiful and the bugs have been minimal. hope to see ya out there jigsaw and helen

TJ aka Teej
09-14-2005, 20:39
I am leaving Monday morning(19th) to start the Long Trail. Anyone going to be out there?
Awesome, Hawkeye! September/October is a great time to out on the LT. Going South to North?

hawkeye
09-14-2005, 21:44
I am going NOBO

JoeHiker
09-15-2005, 12:49
How long do you expect to take to finish? I'm starting SOBO on October 12th

Tin Man
09-15-2005, 13:23
My brother and I are finishing the LT section in 2 weeks starting at VT 103 heading NOBO and continuing on the AT to Hanover. Hope to run into some WB'ers out there!

hawkeye
10-05-2005, 12:27
My trip lasted two days. On the first day I slipped on a root and landed on a rock with my tail bone. I layed on the trail in the rain for five minutes. I never hurt myself like that hiking before. Did 14 miles that day. The next day I hiked 2 miles then bagged it. Did another 6 miles on a fire road into town. Ice didn't help and today it still hurts like hell. This realy bummed me out. Now I don't know if I want to hike by myself anymore. Never bothered me before, but now it is. Sorry, I had to vent.

Almost There
10-05-2005, 12:58
Hawkeye,

I feel ya, dropped my big summer hike after an infection set into my heel. 3 days and done! Now I have to wait till next June to get out for an extended hike. It also kills the mood to hike alone. Believe me man, I can empathize. Good luck getting back together and getting out there again!