PDA

View Full Version : Steve's Loss

Moxie00
09-14-2005, 13:50
I just read in this mornings Kennebec Journal of the passing of Steve, The Kennebec Ferryman's mother. Helen Longley was 83 years old and the widow of Jim Longley, Maine's first independent Governor. I used to see her on the golf course right up to a couple of years ago. I'm sure The Ferryman would appreciate your thoughts and prayers at this time.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-14-2005, 14:34
:( Prayers for the family

The Scribe
09-14-2005, 15:25
My condolences Steve. Thank you for hosting us this weekend while dealing with that.

The Scribe

TJ aka Teej
09-14-2005, 21:11
Thanks Moxie.

Steve Longley
Rte 201
The Forks, ME

skeeterfeeder
09-15-2005, 11:03
My condolences to Steve. He is a good friend to the hiking community.

neo
09-15-2005, 15:50
sorry to hear about the passing of your mom steve,God bless you and your family:cool: neo

Rain Man
09-16-2005, 09:51
I met Steve at last year's WhiteBlaze gathering in Caratunk. He's a fine fellow.

Steve, we all are very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Please know that we feel for you.

Rain Man

ferryman
09-17-2005, 15:37
I want to express my deep gratitude for the calls and letters of condolence received from the many members of the AT hiking community for the loss of my beautiful and wonderful mother, Helen Angela Walsh Longley. Because of the generous deeds bestowed upon me during this recent crisis from many friends including; Baltimore Jack, Dean Gamage, Eric Landry, Ben from Moxie Outdoor Adventures, Arthur Leblanc, Scott Lozis, Billy Gladu and Sue Wilber, I would not have been there by her bedside holding her hand for her last breath, Tuesday, September 13 at 12:51pm. She was passionate about her Irish heritage, passionate about being a Buckeye from Spriingfield, Ohio and passionate about caring for the less fortunate in our society. She was also the greatest mother in the world and even after laying her to rest in peace yesterday, this is one wound of the heart that will take the rest of my lifetime to heal. Sincerely, Steve 'ferryman' Longley