PDA

View Full Version : Don's Brother Has Been Published

Don's Brother
03-10-2014, 21:58
My book, Don's Brother: A Hike of Hope on the Appalachian Trail, was published on March 4. It is available at amazon.com and at www.createspace.com/4560368 (http://www.createspace.com/4560368). The book chronicles my 2013 thru-hike of the A.T. The hike was to honor the memory of my younger brother, Don, who died in August 2012, fifteen months after being diagnosed with ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease. I have interwoven stories about my brother throughout the hike. Many of the hikers I met along the way are also a part of the book.

10-K
03-10-2014, 22:13
Congrats on the book Mike. We met in Erwin - I shuttled you a few times. :)

Don's Brother
03-10-2014, 23:19
Congrats on the book Mike. We met in Erwin - I shuttled you a few times. :)

Thanks, 10K. You are in the book.

ChinMusic
03-10-2014, 23:25
Congrats. If I wasn't in such a hurry to get that banana split at 17A we would have hiked together longer.

SunnyWalker
03-11-2014, 14:17
Congrats on the Book. Is it on Amazon.com for a Kindle as an Ebook?

Pepper-e
03-11-2014, 19:00
Hey Don's Brother... Congratulations on both your hike and the book. We met on the trail a time or two, around High Point State Park I think. I have family in Columbus and enjoyed talking with you about some common acquaintances/friends. I lost my sister 17 years ago (age 35) and your hike honoring your brother certainly hit a chord with me. I look forward to checking out the book. Pepper (2013 section hike - Tenn to Conn)

Don's Brother
03-11-2014, 20:31
Congrats. If I wasn't in such a hurry to get that banana split at 17A we would have hiked together longer.

Still, you are in the book on that one day, Chin Music, and a good day it was. I greatly enjoyed meeting and hiking with you, even if it was only that one day.

Don's Brother
03-11-2014, 20:33

It's not on Kindle yet, but should be soon.

Don's Brother
03-11-2014, 20:36
Hey Don's Brother... Congratulations on both your hike and the book. We met on the trail a time or two, around High Point State Park I think. I have family in Columbus and enjoyed talking with you about some common acquaintances/friends. I lost my sister 17 years ago (age 35) and your hike honoring your brother certainly hit a chord with me. I look forward to checking out the book. Pepper (2013 section hike - Tenn to Conn)

Hey Pepper! I remember that day at High Point State Park well and talking about Columbus. Thanks for your kind words. I wish you well with your continued section hike.

Misery
03-12-2014, 02:15
Way to go DB. I was a big fan of the "DB method" and if I could of I would have done my hike that way too.

Siarl
03-12-2014, 03:10
The book sounds great! I began following your journal since I was planning on doing a thru hike of my own. I'm sure your brother would have been proud and delighted by your journey. Congrats on the completion and the book.

skinnbones
03-12-2014, 06:30
I look forward to adding your book to my collection. From writing your very first sentence to having book published, how difficult was the entire process?

Don's Brother
03-12-2014, 20:43
I look forward to adding your book to my collection. From writing your very first sentence to having book published, how difficult was the entire process?

It was a challenging process. I wrote before the hike, during the hike, and after I returned home. Editing took time, but having a published book was well worth the effort. I hope you enjoy the journey. Let me know how you like it.

Don's Brother
04-24-2014, 21:46

Hey SunnyWalker! Don's Brother is now available on Kindle.

Jeff
04-25-2014, 14:56
Best of luck with the book. So many followed your journey on Trailjournals...you were certainly one of the favorites on TJ in 2013.