PDA

View Full Version : water in PA

karensioux
09-14-2005, 17:56
Hey everybody......anyone know of the water situation in PA right now? I was at the Buena Vista rd where the spring is and there is NOTHING. How is the rest of PA?
sparepocket

CeCe
09-15-2005, 00:21
10 days ago there was about 1 gallon of water left in a small pool; nothing coming out of the pipe but a small amount still welling up from beneath.

karensioux
09-15-2005, 12:24
holy smokes.....I am headed to Harpers ferry and going to PA and the water situation scares me...I am not the fastest hiker!

10 days ago there was about 1 gallon of water left in a small pool; nothing coming out of the pipe but a small amount still welling up from beneath.

neo
09-15-2005, 15:44
there will be plenty of water in pa soon,gonna be some very hard rain soon:cool: neo

karensioux
09-17-2005, 13:52
but when is that rain coming is the question? I am leaving Monday and I don't see the rain. I am in New Jersey right now and we didn't even get any of the afteraffects from hurricane opheila. And I am right next to NYC. This whole water thing is making me nervous.

ksioux

there will be plenty of water in pa soon,gonna be some very hard rain soon:cool: neo

CeCe
09-17-2005, 14:40
Well, as far as the Pt. Clinton area is concerned, even though the Gold spring puddle was filling very slowly, it was still filling, and you can leave Pt Clinton with plenty, use the creek or spring, then Eckville. Might try contacting the Eckville shelter proprietor and the folks in Palmerton and DWG for further info. --Cece

Private Pyle
09-20-2005, 22:45
I day hiked between The Hamburg Resevior and Port Clinton. The Pocohontas spring had water although there was some kind of little creature that jumped in the spring each time I passed it. The Minnehana Spring was dry.

Toolshed
09-21-2005, 07:55
As I was driving home last night, the news was discussing the droughtlike conditions that are starting to affect our watershed.

I am within anywhere from a 20 minutes (Wind Gap) to an hour (Hamburg or DWG) from the trail. PM me if I can be of help

Rick

c.coyle
09-25-2005, 14:47
Hiked Lehigh Gap to Ashfield Road this morning. The spring at Outerbridge Shelter (about .6 mi trail south of the gap) was running adequately. Signs at the shelter and other hikers said absolutley no water at Bake Oven Shelter.

Private Pyle
09-25-2005, 15:55
I hiked From Hawk Mountain Road to Tri County Corner Saturday 9/24. Dan's Spring is dry.

Freighttrain
09-25-2005, 16:02
just got home from BakeOven, Bake Oven is dry, dirt road crossing 2m. north of Bear rocks had empty water jugs, Allentown had barely anything at yellow spring.. but was do-able , at the 309 there is a B&B with water faucet out back

jaboobie
09-26-2005, 13:14
thundershowers from Rita expected in PA today and tonight.

karensioux
09-27-2005, 15:32
Thanks everybody...jsut got back from doing Maryland....water was ok except at ensign cowell shelter.....and there is water a tenth of a mile from there but there was a dead snail in it and in general looked so bad I went on.
plus the snakes were so bad it scared me off the trail for a few days!
K

thundershowers from Rita expected in PA today and tonight.

Crash
09-29-2005, 09:46
Last time I was at Ensign Cowall the spring had a lot of dead worms in it.

karensioux
09-29-2005, 15:41
[Dead worms is exactly what was in it when I was there. I figure when things are dead in the water it is not a good sign.

QUOTE=Crash]Last time I was at Ensign Cowall the spring had a lot of dead worms in it.[/QUOTE]