PDA

View Full Version : AT Conquered AL Pinhoti Progress

BuddyL
03-11-2014, 19:06
While I didn't get to see Mark and Madalyn (AT Conquered) on their way through, I can confirm that they cleared Burns Gap (Co Rd 55) between 8am and 2pm today. Well on their way though the first leg of their journey!

Matt65
03-11-2014, 19:09
Excellent. Glad to hear of their progress. I had hoped to stash them a few beverages myself on ice, but my schedule fell apart.

They certainly have had nice temperatures the past few days. Looking forward to the next video.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

toogariver
03-19-2014, 21:17
My wife and I just saw them off from the Summerville area this morning. They stayed with us some as they hiked the area and awaited their new packs (which are working much better for them). They should be in the Dalton area in the next day or two. They texted and said they made it 24 miles and just short of Snake Creek Gap today. Next video to come when they hit Dalton..

blisterbob
03-20-2014, 06:36
My wife and I just saw them off from the Summerville area this morning. They stayed with us some as they hiked the area and awaited their new packs (which are working much better for them). They should be in the Dalton area in the next day or two. They texted and said they made it 24 miles and just short of Snake Creek Gap today. Next video to come when they hit Dalton..
There will be another thru hiker coming your way this weekend.
His name is David Breinke from Sacramento and he is solo hiking the ECT.
You can follow his journal on trailjournals.com
My wife and I shared the Lower Shoal shelter with him on Tues. night.

BuddyL
03-20-2014, 18:57
Bob, I didn't even think about you and Sue being out there when I talked to David Tue morning. I trust that all was well with him.

blisterbob
03-20-2014, 20:01
He was very well but had some concern about the Ga. sections of the Pinhoti.
I suggested he get internet access in Cave Springs and check the trail info on Ga. Pinhoti trail assn.
I printed those for Mark and Maddie.

We will try to do an overnighter on the Pinhoti each week this spring when we are here
and some on the BMT when we are in TN.

harmonjazzman
04-18-2014, 08:33
Had the blessing of meeting this lovely couple at Ice Water Spring Shelter in GSMNP last Saturday. They're doing great and putting up big miles. They were probably the last ones in at night and first to leave in the morning. My gf and I have been following their videos. She was like starstruck when we met them. We wish them all the best!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

ratherbclimbin
05-20-2014, 12:45
It was great meeting you also. We are in Waynesboro, VA now about to upload another video.

blisterbob
05-21-2014, 07:20
I cruised the Blue Ridge Pkwy. and Skyline Dr. on my Honda last week.
I thought Mark & maddie would be in that area at the same time.
I overnighted at Loft Mtn. CG which is just 100 yds. off the AT.

ratherbclimbin
07-07-2014, 15:39
We are in Hanover, NH 450ish miles from Katahdin

atmilkman
07-07-2014, 15:47
We are in Hanover, NH 450ish miles from Katahdin
Fantastic! Very, very good.

Matt65
07-28-2014, 17:10
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/atconquered-lymes-disease-needs-help-to-finish-at

ATConquered lymes disease dilemma please help!!!:

http://youtu.be/maaslsWHKnU

ratherbclimbin
08-06-2014, 15:21
After a grueling 11 days off from being sick to my stomach from lymes disease, we will be back on trail with 188 miles left tmrw. We are off of our scheduled time to finish but this is just one of those things we will have to push through and learn from. The AT does not play favorites and has been difficult from the beginning on every aspect. Thank you everyone who has helped us and who has watched our videos and supported us. We are forever greatful.

Dogwood
08-06-2014, 22:48
That's the attitude! Like it.