PDA

View Full Version : Packing vitamins and supplements

Lynnette
03-14-2014, 07:51
I am starting N on AT in a couple of wks and stumbled upon an unresolved packing issue. I am a little old lady who takes Calcium, Osteo biflex and a couple of others daily. They look real similar. Currently I have them packed as several days worth in a baggie w a tiny index card identifying them. Is there a better way?
Thanks.

lonehiker
03-14-2014, 09:31
Have you thought about using the small bags like you get in craft stores. Keep each in its own bag and identify with permanent marker.

leaftye
03-14-2014, 09:39
I use pill bags.

SunnyWalker
03-14-2014, 10:29
Lynette: I face the same thing (6 meds) and have tried little individual baggies. Once I had small baggies and had one for each day. I was carrying around 31 little baggies each with the days meds. I have since and will this year on CDT just put each med (31 days worth) in a ziplock thus carrying 6 ziplocks with the meds. It was too much of a hassle to make up 31 baggies and on the trail I would not do it. I hope this helps. I left the bottles at home and when I had them re-supplied my spouse would go to our hometown Pharmecy, pick up the refills and mail them to me. I put the printed sheets (a portion of them) in my backpack so I had some kind of official paperwork with me. This is because it actually is illegal to carry the prescription meds in something other then the bottle, etc., they were issued in.

myakka_
03-14-2014, 12:28
Between meds and vitamins I have handful of pills each morning. I have a plastic pill container that I pre-load each day's dose into, then each morning I open one lid and take the contents. I have one that is 1 weeks worth. But there is also one that is a full months worth. You can find these at most store pharmacies, and they don't weigh a heck of a lot.