PDA

View Full Version : Packa

Vthiker77
03-17-2014, 06:07
Just bought a packa because the idea seemed great. It fits awesome and the pit zips are plenty big enough to pull my arms out of and use it as a "rain vest" and still have my pack covered. I keep my important stuff in Event dry bags. Any thoughts? Anyone use a packa? I know it's not breathable but would be wearing either a wool or synthetic base underneath.

Old Hiker
03-17-2014, 06:54
I was interested until I measured my pack back in 2012 and found the Packa wouldn't fit over it. Please update the thread as you get more experience with it. I've changed my pack configuration somewhat from my 2012 thru-attempt and the Packa may be an option now.

kayak karl
03-17-2014, 07:18
in the winter (below freezing) i wore a wicking T and a micro fleece under it. i did this every morning to block windchill and snow falling from trees down the back of my neck. in other weather just wear what makes YOU comfortable. i also wrap it around bottom of hammock in rain and high winds.

88BlueGT
03-17-2014, 12:00
Never had a problem with my packa (been using it for years). Not only does it double as a pack cover, etc. but makes a great pillow!

Another Kevin
03-18-2014, 21:32
If the Packa won't fit your pack ... send the measurements to Cedar Tree. He bends over backwards to accommodate. One of these days I might even buy one of his fine products. (Right now, my rainsuit and pack cover are Good Enough, and I have other priorities in the way of gear.)

SouthMark
03-19-2014, 09:04
I have been using a Packa for six years. It is a wonderful piece of gear. It can be worn in so many different ways, as a pack cover only, as a rain vest, as a rain cape, arms completely inside, etc. One beauty of the Packa, your pack shoulder straps and hip belt remain dry. I also like that I can reach through the large pit zips to remove things from my packs outside pockets.