PDA

View Full Version : Gear swaps or good places to buy used gear

CHRISTINE2015
03-17-2014, 16:48
Still have a lot of time to pick out gear, but I'm wondering if anyone has advise and what gear to buy used and some good places to look. I don't want to spend more money than I have to, but I know not everything should be secondhand. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to go super light, as I have a fused spine, and I know that can get expensive.

Nick P
03-17-2014, 17:00
http://geartrade.com is ok, but is limited in size and search-ability compared to good old e-bay, and the FS threads here are worth keeping an eye on, though you have to act fast.
best of luck to you
nick

dmax
03-17-2014, 17:22
I have found Alot of used gear on backpacking light . Com

Malto
03-17-2014, 17:53
I have found Alot of used gear on backpacking light . Com

Here, though don't expect to get "cents to the dollar" deals. There are enough gear geeks on this site to meet your every need.

Dahoyt
03-18-2014, 14:30
I made a page on FB called "Hiker Gear Flea Market", has almost 3,000 members and lots of used gear is posted everyday...

Damn Yankee
03-18-2014, 15:50
do you have a link to your FB page?

Dahoyt
03-19-2014, 16:45
Just look up "Hiker Gear Flea Market"

CalebJ
03-19-2014, 17:17
Just look up "Hiker Gear Flea Market"
I get no results searching for that on facebook.

2015 Lady Thru-Hiker
03-19-2014, 22:01
Found it!! It should be Hiking Gear Flea Market :-)

wtrenda
03-21-2014, 20:37
I posted this on the for sale forum but I'll put it here too because I'd love to see this pack make the trip to Maine. I bought an Osprey Exos 46, size M in December and it has only been on one trip; however, I found a great deal on a ULA pack that cuts some weight and still gives me some extra capacity. I am now selling the Osprey($130) and have a few other odds and ends that have been lightly used to great condition that I am willing to get rid of. PM for questions about the pack or if you're interested in almost anything else. I have a lot of doubles of items.

Draggin
03-21-2014, 22:08
For Sale a new pair of Salewa Wildfire hiking shoes, mens 11.5. I bought them and wore them in my house for about 30 min and decided I didn't like them but I didn't send them back in time so my loss is your gain.I paid $89 and I'm asking $75 and free shipping. They are very high quality shoes!!! they have a no blister guarantee!!
Precise fit thanks to the anatomical last, and customizable with the new MFF+ foot bed. Ballistic mesh upper reinforced with the unique EXA shell technology for lightness and durability. New VibramŽ Tech Approach EVO sole, Salewa’s exclusive design for unbeatable climbing and edging on the most technical approach trails.

http://www.salewa.us/product/tech+approach/wildfire+man (http://www.salewa.us/product/tech+approach/wildfire+man)

Draggin

Dahoyt
03-31-2014, 13:46
Did you find my page?

Dahoyt
03-31-2014, 13:48
We have 2,900 members, I started the page last fall... Tons of great used gear. Lady Thru Hiker, my FB name is Zach Dahoyt Cavacas, friend me!

2015 Lady Thru-Hiker
04-01-2014, 00:02
Hey Dahoyt! Would love to friend you on FB but too many work people on there and well, they don't know I'm going yet :-( :-) one of the reasons I was so happy to find this place so I could discuss my plans more freely. Don't to be freed for new future before I'm ready for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boots and Backpacks
04-01-2014, 09:44
Look on your local Craigslist, and look on eBay. I've found tons of great deals on eBay. Picked up a brand new Outdoor Research Transcendent down jacket for $60, and a brand new Gregory Z55 for $80. Using eBay takes time, and good deals do come along.