PDA

View Full Version : Five Years Ago Today

Monkeywrench
03-18-2014, 08:21
Five years ago today -- it was a Wednesday -- I woke up at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega, ate a big breakfast, and along with a bunch of other excited thru-hiker wannabe's, piled my gear into the back of the truck for the ride to Amicalola Falls State Park to start my thru-hike.

Five years later I'm still digesting the lessons of that summer, and marveling at the way it helped change my life.

Jeff
03-18-2014, 09:15
Springer Fever !!!

HikerMom58
03-18-2014, 10:19
Five years ago today -- it was a Wednesday -- I woke up at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega, ate a big breakfast, and along with a bunch of other excited thru-hiker wannabe's, piled my gear into the back of the truck for the ride to Amicalola Falls State Park to start my thru-hike.

Five years later I'm still digesting the lessons of that summer, and marveling at the way it helped change my life.

Happy 5th Anniversary Monkeywrench! :>)

Damn Yankee
03-18-2014, 12:08
I think you will be doing this for many years to come. Might be time to start planning for the CDT or PCT.

Monkeywrench
03-18-2014, 14:32
I think you will be doing this for many years to come. Might be time to start planning for the CDT or PCT.

I've got a PCT hike all planned in my head, just haven't worked up the guts to mention it to my wife yet.