PDA

View Full Version : Getting Home

skinnbones
03-25-2014, 09:24
Once the hike is completed what is the usual way to return home? I assume the departure point is Abol or Katahdin campground?

CalebJ
03-25-2014, 09:29
The AT Lodge can set you up with an overnight stay and drop off for transportation the next day.
http://www.appalachiantraillodge.com/

skinnbones
03-25-2014, 14:08
Thanks, CalebJ

Starchild
03-25-2014, 14:12
You will learn a lot on the trail including not to worry about such things (one day at a time, one step at a time) it is actually pretty easy and there is lots of help once you learn the ways of the AT, the AT lodge is great in your specific request that, but other ways may open up also.

Good Luck

bamboo bob
03-25-2014, 14:32
It's an easy hitch back to Millinocket (every car is going there)

Prime Time
03-25-2014, 19:03
By the time you get within a couple of weeks from there everyone else is asking the same question. You'll wind up with someone. Don't worry about it.

rafe
03-25-2014, 19:06
I'm always amused at this question. It shows gumption. I always figured that... if I got that far, I'd figure it out. And in any case it would be the kind of problem that would be good to have, so why worry? Nothi'n left to do but smile smile smile.

Grampie
03-26-2014, 09:58
A lot of folks worry about the end. I see the only problem they face is getting to the end...Happy trails to all that try.

Sly
03-26-2014, 13:17
You will learn a lot on the trail including not to worry about such things (one day at a time, one step at a time) it is actually pretty easy and there is lots of help once you learn the ways of the AT, the AT lodge is great in your specific request that, but other ways may open up also.

Good Luck

Yup, I had no plans but, sometime in Maine I learned a friend would be coming to Baxter to give me a ride back to civilization.

Spirit Walker
03-26-2014, 13:50
On my first hike, a friend and I hitched to a town with transportation. On my second, another hiker whose wife picked him up gave me a ride to a town with a bus station. On the JMT, same thing - some other hikers gave me a ride to a bus station.