PDA

View Full Version : Getting my wife and me to Chana ?

bamboo bob
03-26-2014, 20:45
My brother-in-law will not be able to drive me from Albuquerque to Chama. He'll be in Greece.

Now what.

If I fly into Santa Fe instead is there a bus or shuttle service to Chama. Or maybe South Fork (a hiking buddy is there) from Denver. The interweb only wants me to go to the Colorado Trail.

Any ideas?

garlic08
03-27-2014, 08:56
Sorry, no immediate answer to your problem here. Apparently there's a Greyhound station in Alamosa, CO, which isn't too far from South Fork. And it's just north of Antonito, CO where you can ride the Cumbres-Toltec RR up to Cumbres Pass.

There's not much going on in Chama.

Mags
03-27-2014, 09:46
Fly into Durango.

Then use the local shuttle services (for a fee) to get to Chama. Many local raft outfitters often have a sideline of "mountain shuttles" due to already having the transport. Call them up and see.

Chama is not that far from Durango. If your buddy is feeling nice/has the time, they can take you Durango to Chama. (Or meet them in Pagosa. Much easier from South Fork to Chama. Easy to get to via shuttle services from Durango. I also know many rafting services in Pagosa will shuttle, too)

Otherwise Garlic's suggestion may be another option.

If you fly into Santa Fe, use the "Blue Buses" to get into Chama.
http://wikitravel.org/en/Chama_(New_Mexico)
Note that the The North Central Regional Transit District seems to have a limited schedule. Plan accordingly!