PDA

View Full Version : Fs: Tt contrail w/pics

RedBeerd
03-30-2014, 12:33
Up for sale is a used Tarptent Contrail. I bought it used from someone who spent 12 nights in it. It has spent about 10 days set up in my yard as I've been playing around with it. Hard to tell in the pictures but you can sort of see the difference in pitching it for nasty weather and good weather. Once I got the pitch down the overall space really improved inside!

The good:

I've replaced the two sides and back guylines with the TT reflective line as well as the front Apex line.
It was seam sealed by previous owner and has held up just fine with the downpours we just received in the NE.
I made seam-sealer strips on half of the floor to stop a pad from sliding around.
It comes with two Tarptent Poles because I don't always use trekking poles.
Comes with 8 Easton Peg stakes. 8inch I believe.

The bad:
There was a very small hole in the top where the pole goes in. (1/4 a nickel in size) I bought it like this and patched it. The patch job is ugly, but its damn solid. Two layers of Silnylon globbed in seam sealer. I have spare fabric I will send with it if youd like to redo it and tidy it up a little bit. Again, it survived our recent downpours without a drop inside.
Doesn't come with any sort of stuff sack.

Cannot ship until Wednesday morning. The tent is wet right now and rain is expected today and monday. Tuesday will be warm and sunny and I'd like it to dry out a day before I ship it.

Asking price: $125 shipped to lower 48. First person to message me their information gets it. Thanks for looking!

wtrenda
04-03-2014, 02:22
how much does the contrail weigh??

Don H
04-03-2014, 07:59
You can find that info here: http://Tarptent.com

RedBeerd
04-03-2014, 09:08
My bad, this has been sold. I thought I posted that.