PDA

View Full Version : WB Message board painfully slow

Starchild
03-31-2014, 08:27
Anyone else notice this? It's getting that I can't reasonably change forums.

sureaboutthis
03-31-2014, 09:46
It's incredibly slow for me the last few days also. This is like using dialup.

tiptoe
03-31-2014, 09:52
Not having a problem here, not now and not recently. Using ATT dsl, Firefox on Windows Vista.

colorado_rob
03-31-2014, 09:56
No problem here at all; I was having some problems earlier with these text boxes, then I switched to plain-text mode and all was much better.

Rain Man
03-31-2014, 10:10
I started having severe problems with Yahoo a few months ago. It freezes my computer. As a result, it's no longer my home page. That's just for comparison.

But no problems with WB, no.

Rain Man

DeerPath
03-31-2014, 10:28
Anyone else notice this? It's getting that I can't reasonably change forums.

YES!!! Been slow for past three days, And it's still slow today. :datz
My computer is not slow on other sites, Don't understand.

Slo-go'en
03-31-2014, 11:59
Too much traffic on the site at some times of the day.

sureaboutthis
03-31-2014, 13:24
That would fit if it were occurring at peak usage times instead of constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudsocks
03-31-2014, 13:37
I haven't noticed any latency issues myself. It feels more like a peering problem with the upstream providers. Can folks who are having troubles post the name(s) of their Internet providers and time of day you notice delay?

Starchild
03-31-2014, 14:02
Mid Hudson Cable (NY) and also Verizon Wireless depending on where I am (also various wifi networks), and I don't know if this is related but have only noticed the issue since when I was removed from participation in a thread (I would rather have been asked by the mod not to continue posting, then found out about it on my own, and would have respected that request, I now suspect that my involvement with WB goes though a query which will slow thing down. More so since when I log out the problem seems to go away.

Sparkeh
03-31-2014, 14:11
Yes, Slow for me. Randomly though.

Dahoyt
03-31-2014, 14:22
Slow for me the past few days...

10-K
03-31-2014, 14:23
All good here.. Centurylink DSL.

likeahike
03-31-2014, 18:11
Mid Hudson Cable (NY) and also Verizon Wireless depending on where I am (also various wifi networks), and I don't know if this is related but have only noticed the issue since when I was removed from participation in a thread (I would rather have been asked by the mod not to continue posting, then found out about it on my own, and would have respected that request, I now suspect that my involvement with WB goes though a query which will slow thing down. More so since when I log out the problem seems to go away.
It's called the paranoid user script! :)

Prime Time
03-31-2014, 19:59
No problems for me whatsoever and I'm in Costa Rica, so I doubt it's a problem with the site. More likely certain internet connections.

Sparkeh
04-01-2014, 06:11
It's not the provider, Other sites will work fine while whiteblaze takes a few minutes to load a page.

coach lou
04-01-2014, 06:30
This morning it seems to be fine.

mudsocks
04-01-2014, 11:53

Thanks for posting your provider. The slowness you are experiencing is unrelated to any involvement you may have had with a moderator/administrator. That's not how the WB moderation team operates. Furthermore we don't have any tools in place (nor are we interested in) making your experience here an unpleasant one.

mudsocks
04-01-2014, 12:01
It's not the provider, Other sites will work fine while whiteblaze takes a few minutes to load a page.

It's almost certainly directly related to who your provider is, but your provider is unlikely at fault. An interconnect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peering) issue between your provider's upstream and WB's upstream is likely the culprit. That's why I'm asking for people's providers.

Just Bill
04-01-2014, 13:16
Also having issues- on my laptop at home and at work on a high speed line.
Big lag when typing.

Just Bill
04-01-2014, 13:18

That may be the silliest thing you have said.