PDA

View Full Version : Eureka Backcountry 1

workboot
09-18-2005, 12:23
Anyone have any comments or firsthand experience with this tent? I`ve got a $100 tent budget and have marrowed it down to this one and a couple of others (MH PCT and Eureka Spitfire)that fall into that price range.I would prefer a free standing tent which the other 2 I mentioned are not.All feedback is appreciated.

Martin

jimmyjob
09-18-2005, 12:30
i tell you what...i own a Eureka Solitaire and like it....i would preffer a free standing tents too, but this was a gift....and Free$$$ is better than free standing in my book...

my solitaire has been through some pretty bad wind and rain storms and i remained dry and warm....before i do i through next year i still might upgrade...but you can't go wrong with a eureka.....

Big Dawg
09-18-2005, 13:28
Not the Backcountry 1, but I've had a Backcountry 2 for 5 yrs now, & it's held up great. I'm a big guy, 6'5",, reason i got the backcountry 2. You won't go wrong w/ Eureka.

Pacific Tortuga
09-18-2005, 14:44
I do not have the Backcountry 1 but only have heard good things. In July I was given a Cabela's XPG light solo. Double wall,free standing, 100$$ tent. I have never gotten anything from Cabela's, but I have to admit, I really like this shelter. With stakes and ground cloth mine weighs in at 3lbs 8ozs.

workboot
09-19-2005, 16:15
Thanks for the input all, I do appreciate it.

Martin