PDA

View Full Version : Need ride to Mason-Dixon Trail head from Hargerstown

jimmyjob
09-18-2005, 12:24
I am from south eastern VA and am leaving next friday night/saturday morning for seven days :clap:clap:clap:clapgoing south from the mason dixon. i have figured out how to get to hagerstown, md but i am not quite sure where to go from here.

I had a friend that was going to take me but has since informed me that he wants to leave early go out partying the night before......SO I AM GOING TO TRY AND NICELY EXPLAIN TO HIM THAT I DON'T NEED HIS HELP WITH THIS TRIP!!!!! :datz:datz:datz:datz:datz:datz:datz:datz

anyway any ideas would be great......

DaSchwartz
09-19-2005, 20:04
How are you getting to Hagerstown? I assume you want to start your hike at Pen-Mar state park. If going by bus to Hagerstown (which is south of Hagerstown by the way), you'll either have to take a cab or multiple hitches just to get to Pen-Mar. If a friend is taking you, ask them to take you to Waynesboro (or even Pen-Mar park) and then hitch a ride on PA-16 & the AT trail head which will put you about 2 miles from the PA-MD border. It's easy to get a hitch out of Waynesboro to the AT. Hagerstown mass transit runs to Smithsburg which isn't that far off the trail but will put you miles from Pen-Mar.

Good luck.

jimmyjob
09-19-2005, 20:19
How are you getting to Hagerstown? I assume you want to start your hike at Pen-Mar state park. If going by bus to Hagerstown (which is south of Hagerstown by the way), you'll either have to take a cab or multiple hitches just to get to Pen-Mar. If a friend is taking you, ask them to take you to Waynesboro (or even Pen-Mar park) and then hitch a ride on PA-16 & the AT trail head which will put you about 2 miles from the PA-MD border. It's easy to get a hitch out of Waynesboro to the AT. Hagerstown mass transit runs to Smithsburg which isn't that far off the trail but will put you miles from Pen-Mar.

Good luck.
take you..but i figured it out...i am just going to start in harpers ferry and take the train there....

thanks though...