PDA

View Full Version : Last Call to Join Spring Trip 2014 Hikes

Teacher & Snacktime
04-01-2014, 14:34
Snacktime and I will be heading out soon for our big Spring Trip, which includes many, many hikes and lots of AT sights and adventures. We've invited folks to join us on 4 of these, and would like to extend that invitation once more before we head out.

Info is here: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/group.php?groupid=37

We look forward to meeting many WB members!

HikerMom58
04-01-2014, 15:01
Deer Hunter and I will be getting together to firm up plans for the James River hike on April 26th. Some of us want to do an overnight hike, some of us will do a day hike. Crossing fingers & toes for good weather. :D

HikerMom58
04-01-2014, 15:04
PS...everyone still interested in the hike on April 26th, please post on this thread, please. Can't wait to meet you'uns/ y'all! :sun

FarmerChef
04-01-2014, 15:18
FarmerChef and crew are still in and definitely pulling for an overnight though we're flexible. As long as there's plenty of good food. :)

MDSection12
04-01-2014, 15:40
I'd like to get out and at least meet some of you in MD, but I accidentally planned a hike for the weekend before. I don't generally double dip like that, but who knows maybe my wife and I will go for a day hike... Teacher has my cell number and is welcome to call me if you need anything. :)

Teacher & Snacktime
04-01-2014, 16:40
HikerMom......James River is on SATURDAY APRIL 26 !!!!!

Teacher & Snacktime
04-01-2014, 16:44
I'd like to get out and at least meet some of you in MD, but I accidentally planned a hike for the weekend before. I don't generally double dip like that, but who knows maybe my wife and I will go for a day hike... Teacher has my cell number and is welcome to call me if you need anything. :)

Yes, I do have your number, and I might call just for the heck of it on the trail! :D

Just Bill
04-01-2014, 16:59
If only some a-hole hadn't impregnated my wife I would love to go.
She has some sort of requirement for me not to leave the state during her last trimester...Although this requirement was also cited during the Harriman trip. Who can understand pregnant woman thinking?:confused:

One of these days....

Teacher & Snacktime
04-01-2014, 18:55
If only some a-hole hadn't impregnated my wife I would love to go.
She has some sort of requirement for me not to leave the state during her last trimester...Although this requirement was also cited during the Harriman trip. Who can understand pregnant woman thinking?:confused:

One of these days....

There's always next year....and your little guy might be ready to come along! Farmer Chef is bringing his entire brood to the James River hike, and his youngest if 5!

Besides, being around for your new little one is WAY COOLER than a hike that can be arranged anytime! Congrats again!

Just Bill
04-01-2014, 19:10
There's always next year....and your little guy might be ready to come along! Farmer Chef is bringing his entire brood to the James River hike, and his youngest if 5!

Besides, being around for your new little one is WAY COOLER than a hike that can be arranged anytime! Congrats again!

Yar...we may all get out this summer and do a little bumming around if all goes well.

But these days forget JPD, Matt Kirk, or Anish.... Farmer Chef is my new idol.

Meriadoc
04-01-2014, 19:36
Consarn it. I'm a bit far north. Anticipating no, but hoping something works out :).

Those are some of my favorite trails from my time in MD. Good old Whiteoak Canyon.

HikerMom58
04-01-2014, 20:17
HikerMom......James River is on SATURDAY APRIL 26 !!!!!

Oh gezzz!! I'm so confuzzled!! Okay, SATURDAY it is!! :D

Damn Yankee
04-01-2014, 21:37
I'll see you there and I am one of the ones who would like to spend a night.

Teacher & Snacktime
04-01-2014, 22:21
I'll see you there and I am one of the ones who would like to spend a night.

We'll be seeing you first in VA, DY....but I'll make a note of the overnight for James River preference

LIhikers
04-02-2014, 01:07
Have a great trip Teacher. Take some photos to share when you are done. Have fun!

Teacher & Snacktime
04-02-2014, 14:27
Have a great trip Teacher. Take some photos to share when you are done. Have fun!

Rest assured there will be plenty of pictures! However, the first posts (of hikes) will always be to Snacktime's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/EddiesChallengeII

then when I have more time I'll cull and organize them for WB. If you're on FB, feel free to check it out. "Liking" the page will notify you of anything new.

When we get back we'll be planning NJ & NY, so perhaps we'll have a chance to hike together again!