PDA

View Full Version : AT question on Jeopardy

blue indian
04-02-2014, 19:51
I was relaxing and watching the new episode of Jeopardy tonight when up pops a question about the AT! I dont remember the exact question but something about a lookout vista and lehigh gap in Pennsylvania along this 2000 mile long footpath. Pretty cool!

blue indian
04-02-2014, 19:52
Anyone else catch that?

Feral Bill
04-02-2014, 19:53
It's on at 7 PDT here. I'll have a look.

O-H-10 Lil Ohio
04-02-2014, 19:56
I'm also sitting here watching Jeopardy and heard that question.
Now I feel bad cause I didn't particularly enjoy my walk through Pennsylvania.

rafe
04-02-2014, 20:27
I'm also sitting here watching Jeopardy and heard that question.
Now I feel bad cause I didn't particularly enjoy my walk through Pennsylvania.

Aw c'mon you know that climb up out of Lehigh Gap northbound (or descent southbound) is one of the weirdest stretches on the AT.

I seem to have not minded PA as much as most folks claim to. The rocks were intense but the verticals were lame. When I crossed into PA from NJ in 2006, there was a jazz festival going on, right on the trail. I mean, literally on the trail. Welcome to PA! (Note the white blaze on the phone pole by the stage. The hostel is another couple hundred yards up that street.)

Sarcasm the elf
04-02-2014, 21:48
Aw c'mon you know that climb up out of Lehigh Gap northbound (or descent southbound) is one of the weirdest stretches on the AT.

I seem to have not minded PA as much as most folks claim to. The rocks were intense but the verticals were lame. When I crossed into PA from NJ in 2006, there was a jazz festival going on, right on the trail. I mean, literally on the trail. Welcome to PA! (Note the white blaze on the phone pole by the stage. The hostel is another couple hundred yards up that street.)

Very cool, I sectioned through there sobo a couple of years back and saw the empty stage area. It looked like an excellent and slightly out of place setup and I've been curious what it was used for.