PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Hot Springs to Davenport Gap -- need intel

PapaGarrettP
04-03-2014, 12:07
Hellooo!

I am going on my annual spring section hike next week -- from Hot Springs down to Davenport Gap. Can anyone give me a quick trail update, in particular: how is the water running?

Thanks mucho!

PapaG

oldwetherman
04-03-2014, 20:59
We've had plenty of snow and rain in the Western North Carolina border counties. Water will not be a problem for you.

fireneck
04-03-2014, 22:31
Water was flowing well last week! OT but, stay at the Sunnybank Inn :D

joeydickerson
04-04-2014, 07:28
We did lemon gap to hot springs on Wednesday. The shelters and camp sights had lots of trash, discarded socks and gloves, even two large bags of trash shoved under the shelter. The quality of persons now hiking has changed over the last several years. The forest and trail was great but human presence is more evident daily.

Venchka
04-04-2014, 08:03
We did lemon gap to hot springs on Wednesday. The shelters and camp sights had lots of trash, discarded socks and gloves, even two large bags of trash shoved under the shelter. The quality of persons now hiking has changed over the last several years. The forest and trail was great but human presence is more evident daily.

CDT is looking better and better. Until the disease spreads.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

fredmugs
04-04-2014, 12:48

4 or 5 years ago when I hiked in that area it was the same way. It's called Spring Breakers. They leave canned foods thinking they are doing someone else a favor and leave trash figuring somebody else has a job of cleaning it up. You can call them lazy or ignorant but I don't think they are reflective of the hiking community in general.

Del Q
04-04-2014, 19:51
Just got back from Newfound Gap - Erwin hike, plenty of water.

PapaGarrettP
04-06-2014, 13:55
Thanks, all!