PDA

View Full Version : Shoal Creek Float?

ngneer
04-03-2014, 21:56
Hiked up to Sweetwater couple months back from Pine Glenn. Beautiful hike! Have been from Highfalls, up thru the Forest and Park and I think this end so far is a favorite. Went from PG to Low Water bridge around the same time, Beautiful Creek. My question is, where, with good water after a rain, where would the nearest take-out/parking be. I have been told 531 at Highrock. How far down 531 1 from 500 is HighRock? Kayak weighs 50 lbs, trying to get close to truck with parking. Come on guys , I know the knowledge a lot you have with Pinhoti, this whole forest, been reading here and the old site for a while.

Drybones
04-03-2014, 23:21
I can't answer your question off hand but I'm sure we can find an answer. I have a kayak that needs water under it and I've never floated this stream so if you need some company let me know. From the sections I've seen it would need to be done after a rain to make it a fun trip, but with high water I believe it would be a great float.

ngneer
04-04-2014, 16:41
Rainbow City Drybones, sounds good. Gotta float this stream. Did I walk by HighRock between PG and Low Water bridge/pipes. The Creek widened , it seemed bout halfway. Took a survey from a Ranger from Shoal last weekend, was asking her how far from the gate for 531 1 at 500 was to HighRock. Will try to get to the Station in a couple weeks for a map she said they had. Would not give up the one she had....almost did. The maps for Pinhoti isn't really clear enough about my quest. I will continue my hunt. Thanks Drybones