PDA

View Full Version : Luray, VA Hostel, Shuttle, Outfitter

FishBone
04-04-2014, 15:00
I'm hiking the AT through Shenandoah Park in May.

Are there any providers in Luray, VA for overnight hostels, shuttle rides to/from the AT and perhaps a backpacking outfitter?

Thanks.

Coffee
04-04-2014, 15:05
SNP is included in my upcoming hike. I'm not stopping in Luray but from looking at AWOL's guide, there are numerous services in town including an outfitter (Appalachian Outdoor Adventures) described as "full service".

BTW AWOL's guide is excellent for planning. I wish I had purchased it sooner.

hayshaker170
04-07-2014, 17:49
Mike Evans shuttled us from Skymeadows State Park to Thornton Gap SNP entrance last year. He's very well known around here. His number is 540 539-0509. Good guy and good conversationalist.

johnnybgood
04-07-2014, 18:45
Mike Evans shuttled us from Skymeadows State Park to Thornton Gap SNP entrance last year. He's very well known around here. His number is 540 539-0509. Good guy and good conversationalist.

This ^

I 'd check the Cardinal Inn on Main St. for cheap overnight lodging. Been by the outfitter over the years , also on Main St. but never been in it.

Caddywhompus
04-09-2014, 12:00
I live about 25 mins from Luray. If you need a lift i'd be more then happy to help you out. The outfitter is alright but I'd have no problems taking you to Harrisonburg which has a really nice outfitter and everything you'd find in all major towns. PM and i'll give you my number. Good luck.