PDA

View Full Version : Dundee

TOW
04-12-2014, 18:57
So who is this Dundee dude I keep hearing about?

HikerMom58
04-13-2014, 16:55
I don't know... do tell.

canoe
04-13-2014, 17:35
I think he s did a movie back in the 80s. lol

kayak karl
04-13-2014, 18:28
Bonny??
Come fill up my cup, come fill up my can,Come saddle your horses, and call up your men;Come open the West Port and let me gang free,
And it's room for the bonnets of Bonny Dundee!

CyborgAT
04-13-2014, 20:21
I'm assuming it's the sketchy Marine that everyone is avoiding. He's blown out his knee and messed up his back and he literally runs down hills and jumps off rocks. He goes into town and gets morphine shots to calm the pain and now he claims he is going to be doing 30+ miles everyday. I'm averaging about 15 a day and I'm sure I will see him again. He claims someone stole a bunch of stuff from his pack at the NOC(which never happened) and he walked up to me and said "If I find him, I have this (looking at his K-bar)". He's just an odd dude.

HikerMom58
04-13-2014, 20:37
I'm assuming it's the sketchy Marine that everyone is avoiding. He's blown out his knee and messed up his back and he literally runs down hills and jumps off rocks. He goes into town and gets morphine shots to calm the pain and now he claims he is going to be doing 30+ miles everyday. I'm averaging about 15 a day and I'm sure I will see him again. He claims someone stole a bunch of stuff from his pack at the NOC(which never happened) and he walked up to me and said "If I find him, I have this (looking at his K-bar)". He's just an odd dude.

Oh Okay, thanks for this info, CyborgAT. TOW messaged me & wanted me to watch out for him but I didn't know anything about him.

Speaking of odd dude,I met an odd dude at the Bobbletts Gap Shelter yesterday. Went down there to put in a new log book....

sureaboutthis
04-14-2014, 01:24

Uh...in all seriousness, I would be very careful with a person like that. Really.

Edit: typo.

Duramax22
04-14-2014, 07:00
Was in Damascus this weekend and the police stopped by crazy Larry's looking for him. Apparently he has been on a five finger discount shopping spree at hostels and shelters. He's somewhere north of Damascus. We're heading south and didn't see him between Damascus and highlands.

CyborgAT
04-14-2014, 07:18
Was in Damascus this weekend and the police stopped by crazy Larry's looking for him. Apparently he has been on a five finger discount shopping spree at hostels and shelters. He's somewhere north of Damascus. We're heading south and didn't see him between Damascus and highlands.
That's good to know. I saw him yesterday and he was staying at the shelter past Trents Grocery. He should be in Pearisburg in a couple days.

HikerMom58
04-14-2014, 07:19
Could someone give a description of him? How tall is he? What color hair & eyes, etc... About how old is he?

The dude I met at Bobbletts Gap Shelter was wearing camo pants & had a camo shirt hanging in the shelter. He had fairly large knife holster around his waist. I didn't get any "bad vibes" from him but he wasn't a typical day, section or thru hiker, by his appearance or otherwise.

CyborgAT
04-14-2014, 07:21
He stayed at Helveys Mill Shelter (589.7)2 nights ago (4/12) and said he was going to Wapiti Shelter (613.7) last night (4/13). Hope this helps. I'm at TruBrits now but saw him North of Helveys Mill Shelter yesterday doing a SOBO slack pack.

CyborgAT
04-14-2014, 07:24
Could someone give a description of him? How tall is he? What color hair & eyes, etc... About how old is he?

The dude I met at Bobbletts Gap Shelter was wearing camo pants & had a camo shirt hanging in the shelter. He had fairly large knife holster around his waist. I didn't get any "bad vibes" from him but he wasn't a typical day, section or thru hiker, by his appearance or otherwise.
I guess he's maybe 6ft tall, 160 pounds (give or take), usually wears a red shirt, green pack with a abnormally large hip belt, beard(obviously), dark brown hair, and carries a large military issue K Bar knife on him, he smokes and is very skinny.

Jeff
04-14-2014, 07:46
Saw on a different forum there is another Dundee south of Damascus a few days ago...so let's not mistake one for the other.

Lone Wolf
04-14-2014, 07:52
any proof anywhere that he's stolen anything from anyone?

CyborgAT
04-14-2014, 08:25
The Dundee I'm referring to was a Marine and he is creeping people out. Most people he's come across have avoided him. I believe he started out as "Frost Dundee" but now just going by Dundee. He's near Pearisburg now so it's not the Dundee South of Damascus.

HikerMom58
04-14-2014, 08:56
I guess he's maybe 6ft tall, 160 pounds (give or take), usually wears a red shirt, green pack with a abnormally large hip belt, beard(obviously), dark brown hair, and carries a large military issue K Bar knife on him, he smokes and is very skinny.

THanks for that CyborgAT! Happy Trails!! :)

WingedMonkey
04-14-2014, 10:05
Strange the things we can say about a hiker, we'd never be allowed to say about a WB member.

Old Grouse
04-14-2014, 11:00
I faught at land, I faught at sea,At hame I faught my auntie, O;But I met the devil and Dundee (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/John_Graham,_1st_Viscount_of_Dundee)On the braes o' Killicrankie, O.

TOW
04-14-2014, 14:51
I don't know if there is any proof but Damascus PD wants to know his whereabouts....

TOW
04-14-2014, 14:56
Thanx for the info folks. I think that the ATC has gotten some reports on him already....

TOW
04-16-2014, 09:44
Just to set the record straight folks, the officer who told me they were looking for this guy told me that it was not him they were looking for now and that they had spoke to another hiker who had admitted he was the one that did whatever he had done....

coach lou
04-16-2014, 11:14
I find it hard to believe that a fellow Marine did not look up the Wolf while in damascus.

kayak karl
04-16-2014, 11:15
I find it hard to believe that a fellow Marine did not look up the Wolf while in damascus.

why? many hiker never heard of WhiteBlaze.net ;)

Tuckahoe
04-16-2014, 20:45
Ah I see... so we had here a witch hunt based on hearsay. Well I just heard from a guy that heard from a guy...

Wise Old Owl
04-16-2014, 20:56
What happens here does not stay here.... Take a moment and gather facts not fiction.

Alligator
04-16-2014, 22:11
Just to set the record straight folks, the officer who told me they were looking for this guy told me that it was not him they were looking for now and that they had spoke to another hiker who had admitted he was the one that did whatever he had done....Right after you made this post would have been a good time for you to contact a moderator to close this thread.