PDA

View Full Version : Any good journals for 2014?

burger
04-15-2014, 21:57
Now that most hikers have started...does anyone have suggestions for good 2014 trail journals? AT, PCT, CDT, whatever, share 'em.

slbirdnerd
04-16-2014, 09:01
I'm following some AT folks: Carmen Sandiego (who is also a WB-er), Flossie and Squirrel, Road Warrior, Dallas, and some others. I was hoping to follow a guy called Fuzzy Wuzzy but haven't seen an update in some time. I was really rooting for him, hope he is okay.

clb
04-16-2014, 09:13
I'm really enjoying Reset's.

hikernutcasey
04-16-2014, 09:35
I'm really enjoying Reset's.
I'll second that. His entries are very positive and you can tell he is having the time of his life!

Also, not on trailjournals but a couple of blogs I am enjoying are 2180miles.com and timeoutadventures.co.uk

Also walkingwithwired should be starting any day now to complete her triple crown. Her past hike blogs of the PCT and CDT were very good with detailed journal entries and lots of pics.

SawnieRobertson
04-16-2014, 11:36
Sometimes I think that I jinx the ones I follow. Too often they think up reasons to get off trail or just "disappear." It is a real downer when they do. Reset is working hard to keep upbeat. I am enjoying Flinch, Hawkeye, Soaringt Eagle (who hasn't posted lately), and many others. As one leaves, I find another. It is helpful to read which ones others have been hooked by. Thanks.

slbirdnerd
04-16-2014, 12:10
Oh, yes, I'm following Reset as well! :)

David Heller
04-16-2014, 12:28
Please post a link to Resets journal if possible. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byk
04-16-2014, 13:52
Link to Resets journal http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=15574

clb
04-16-2014, 14:13
I'll second that. His entries are very positive and you can tell he is having the time of his life!

Also, not on trailjournals but a couple of blogs I am enjoying are 2180miles.com and timeoutadventures.co.uk

Also walkingwithwired should be starting any day now to complete her triple crown. Her past hike blogs of the PCT and CDT were very good with detailed journal entries and lots of pics.

Yes, I agree, Reset has a wonderful attitude! Thanks for the heads up on the others. Also following Wired. I started out following Infinity too but she was forced off the trail by knee issues....something too close for comfort for me I'm afraid. It broke my heart to see her have to get off the trail, she has so much passion for hiking! I also have a personal friend that's section hiking from Springer to Damascus...he just crossed into NC. Go Frisco :-)

slbirdnerd
04-16-2014, 15:07
I've been reading Frisco! :) And I was reading Infinity, too. I'll have to check out Wired.

BonBon
04-16-2014, 21:37
I am enjoying Left Turns journal. She is a good writer and her posts are very genuine and engaging.

swonut
04-16-2014, 22:06
I'm following some AT folks: Carmen Sandiego (who is also a WB-er), Flossie and Squirrel, Road Warrior, Dallas, and some others. I was hoping to follow a guy called Fuzzy Wuzzy but haven't seen an update in some time. I was really rooting for him, hope he is okay.

Fuzzy Wuzzy made it through the Smokies on Tuesday. Stayed with him at Davenport Gap and Standing Bear. He's going strong and headed for Hot Springs

wdanner
04-17-2014, 09:03
Been reading Figgy's journal. I checked out Reset's and I like his journal a lot!

BrianLe
04-17-2014, 11:31
I met Reset on the trail a few times this year, starting with eating breakfast with him in Hot Springs. I've not looked at his journal (yet) but he is indeed an excellent guy, always a fun and positive attitude, rain or shine. His personal life is a pretty interesting story too.

Bearded Woods
04-18-2014, 11:30
http://trailjournals.com/Hudson/ Posted by Big Lu.

Trillium
04-22-2014, 09:19
You folks are definitely right. I am greatly enjoying Reset's TJ.

MikeN
04-22-2014, 09:45
I've been following the TJ of Affirm, a twenty-something young guy from California. Quit his job to drop out of mainstream American life for awhile. Very good, creative writer. Has a different point of view than most.

http://www.trailjournals.com/affirm/

CarlZ993
04-22-2014, 15:44
I'm following a close friend & former co-worker on the AT this year: http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=12516

He started his blog as 'CometOmega.' But, I think his 'official' trailname is now 'Top-O' (or something like that; as in - 'Top 'o the morning to you.' )

On a trip to visit my Granddaughter in NC last week, my wife & I managed to run into him in Atkins VA & give him some trail magic - cupcakes & beer. What hiker trash wouldn't go for that? :)

I'm also following a girl by the trail name of 'Wired.' Prolific writer & photo taker.