PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Machine Training

SawnieRobertson
04-16-2014, 11:25
Has anyone used a machine that combined elliptical with stairmaster, giving elevation gained and miles covered? I need the particulars like brand and model. Thanks.

Sheriff Cougar
04-16-2014, 13:30
I have an older version of one of these: http://www.schwinnfitness.com/schwinn_fitness_us/products/ellipticals/prdcdovr~100327/Schwinn+470+Elliptical.jsp
The electronics on mine are basic (no plugins for Ipod/Ipad etc.) It is a very well made machine and you can use it as a stepper or elliptical machine. You have multiple ways to program it and you can program it to climb mountains. As you go up the tension increases, as you go down tension decreases. You can tell it what level you want to use....it is up to you how hard you want to make the workout. Has heart rate monitor you can wear or hold on to the handles and it will ready your pulse. Has a fan which will blow in your face. Takes up very little room. A rugged machine.

slbirdnerd
04-16-2014, 15:31
I think the Bowflex Treadclimber does, but those things are expensive and I"m not a fan of the whole Bowflex thing anyway. Makes it feel like you're buying a used car. I'm curious what people respond with. I'm interested in training better for section/weekend hiking and my treadmill doesn't cut it--even with its hill climb program.

tenlots
04-16-2014, 21:40
I have used the old fashioned stair master at the gym. Took me a while but worked up to an hour then added my backpack with 25 lbs. Hard and sweaty but effective. Takes time and start at 15 min and work up to it.