PDA

View Full Version : Fuel in Pearisburg ?

T Rex
09-21-2005, 12:39
I am looking for a place to buy MSR or ISOpro canisters for my superlight stove. I called Magic MArt, but I think they only sell Coleman type fuel. Does anyone know of another supply place for backpackers? :confused:

Mouse
09-21-2005, 13:30
I did not find much of anything in Pearisburg. I took the opposite tactic and gave up cooking. I mailed my stove ahead from there in my bounce box and did not carry it again until Salisbury CT. Funny how ramen and torelini are just as edible raw as cooked. :p

Alligator
09-21-2005, 16:03
In Pembroke, there is a new "outfitter" called Tangent Outdoors or Tangent Outfitters. It is more like a glorified gas station, but may have a slim chance of having what you need. Otherwise, Blue Ridge Outfitters in Blacksburg. Why does the canister need to be in Pearisburg, can you not pick it up on the way?

Alligator
09-21-2005, 21:19
Tangent Outdoors does not have fuel canisters. To be fair, it is more like the campstore at a campground, except there are some canoe items there.

Patrick
09-22-2005, 15:09
Does Magic Mart mean Wal-Mart? If not, there's a Wal-Mart there. It's way the hell on the other side of town, but it's a big one and I'd be surprised if they didn't have some.