PDA

View Full Version : Deep Emotions

Rueben the Cobbler
04-25-2014, 11:32
Throughout the years I have hiked many sections on the trail. Two years ago I attempted a thru. Didn't even make it a week. I realized I was walking for the wrong reasons. Currently I have completed the trail up to perisburg. In two weeks I will head there and start walking again. This time for different reasons. This time it will not be a thru attempt but a goal to hike until I am content. Possibly the journey will end at katahdin. It won't be a thru but I will be hiking for completion. Knowing I have hiked the trail until where I am at. By hiking over two thirds of the trail in a single season I hope to gain the thru experience but also keep with me the emotions of all those sections up until that point. If I make it to katahdin, it will be a journey I started back in the mid 2000s. It's definitely a different kind of hike but I feel as if this is the year to complete a dream I've had for over ten years.

rafe
04-25-2014, 16:48
Keep at it... for as long as it takes. Find a way to keep it fun. Section hiking is where it's at. :)

Meriadoc
04-25-2014, 18:22
Well done sir. May you find what you seek. It's in the looking.

Drybones
04-25-2014, 21:15
Do whatever you enjoy, life's too short to do otherwise...you enjoy it , do it....you don't enjoy it, don't do it.

MuddyWaters
04-25-2014, 21:52
Its not the destination, its the journey thats important.

July
04-26-2014, 10:22
Its not the destination, its the journey thats important.
Could not be a more TRUE statement. The awe of the journey!

Kerosene
04-27-2014, 10:00
Hey, I started sectioning in 1973 and I still have the northernmost 220 miles to go. I have certainly enjoyed my hikes, regardless of the duration.

HikerMom58
04-27-2014, 10:20
Throughout the years I have hiked many sections on the trail. Two years ago I attempted a thru. Didn't even make it a week. I realized I was walking for the wrong reasons. Currently I have completed the trail up to perisburg. In two weeks I will head there and start walking again. This time for different reasons. This time it will not be a thru attempt but a goal to hike until I am content. Possibly the journey will end at katahdin. It won't be a thru but I will be hiking for completion. Knowing I have hiked the trail until where I am at. By hiking over two thirds of the trail in a single season I hope to gain the thru experience but also keep with me the emotions of all those sections up until that point. If I make it to katahdin, it will be a journey I started back in the mid 2000s. It's definitely a different kind of hike but I feel as if this is the year to complete a dream I've had for over ten years.

Go for it... have a BLAST! :)