PDA

View Full Version : Wayah to NOC I saw a strange man...

Gambit McCrae
04-25-2014, 12:00
So not really, just wanted to get people in here to ask how this section is scenic wise. Lots on entertainment? Tent space at wesser bald shelter OR the firetower?

slbirdnerd
04-25-2014, 12:16
Sorry, dude, that is NOT funny. Why not just ask your real question.

Gambit McCrae
04-25-2014, 12:49
Its kinda funny, chill pill time birdnerd

TNhiker
04-25-2014, 13:41
forgive me for asking----but where's the humor in this?

it's pretty pathetic that one has to use scare tactics to get an answer to a pretty seemingless question.....

Pedaling Fool
04-25-2014, 13:57
Please, no scaring the wildlife...I mean hikers:D

illabelle
04-25-2014, 14:12
Scenic? I remember some nice scenery from a tower in this section. Wesser? Wayah? Not sure. Otherwise, it's mostly just walking in the trees.
I enjoy the scenery, but that's not why I hike. If it was, I'd hike the same sections over and over and over again. I thought the Smokies were scenic, especially on the narrow ridges of the northern half.

flemdawg1
04-25-2014, 14:34
I remember there were tent sites near all the shelters in that section. And there were a few mountain top views, Wayah Bald, Wesser Bald, Jump-up.

Gambit McCrae
04-25-2014, 14:59
Thanks guys! just the info I was lookin for, im sure we will have a splendid time, sorry for scaring the wildlife i mean hiker.(singular).

daddytwosticks
04-25-2014, 16:01
Lots of awesome views from both Wayah Tower and Wesser Tower. There are tent sites at Wesser shelter area, but the terrain seemed pretty sloped. Sleep out under the stars from the top of Wesser tower if you don't sleepwalk and the weather looks good! You'll need to haul water there if you do so. I love finishing up hikes at the NOC. Great food and beer plus a hot shower too. :)

Gambit McCrae
04-25-2014, 16:28
Cant wait! Leave in 1 hour will update trail conditions and trip experience on monday thanks everyone

MuddyWaters
04-25-2014, 19:38
Trail condition: Still there I hope. At least it was 5 days ago when I was there on Easter Sunday.

Bronk
04-26-2014, 14:55
So not really, just wanted to get people in here to ask how this section is scenic wise. Lots on entertainment? Tent space at wesser bald shelter OR the firetower?

There's a nice spot to camp at north of Wayah bald in a low lying area by a creek.

Gambit McCrae
04-27-2014, 17:20
Great trip it was!!! Camped at Wayah tower friday although we ha some late night enthusiasts they politely left after they saw we were trying to sleep. Saturday walked from tower to noc good long day on the trail. Thanks for the posts.

Water is plentiful the whole way