PDA

View Full Version : question/knockout punch kit, re: Ion stove

Big Dawg
09-22-2005, 10:08
I hope this link works,,,, I posted a question on linked thread,, just wanted the question front & center as new thread to get quick answer.

see post #9 on : http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10312

if the link doesn't work, it's in "general gear talk", thread = "I'm making an Ion stove, & have a question"

I hope to purchase kit today, & finish making stove by tonight!!!

Thanks, responders!!

dixicritter
09-22-2005, 12:50
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=91201

Lone Wolf, or anyone else out there,,,,,, in looking at the website mentioned above, regarding this knockout punch kit, it states that it "Includes: 1/2", 3/4", 1", & 1-1/4" dies,,, & 7/8", 1-3/32", 1-11/32", & 1-11/16" hole punches"

I assume the hole I'll be making is from the dimensions of the "hole punches", not the "dies",,,,which means no 1" hole punch, just 7/8" & 1-3/32",,,, but I need to cut a 1" hole for the Ion stove. I found out that "harbor freight" is also a local company in my city, so I'm going there 2moro to purchase. If I'm right, as stated above, will a 7/8" or 1-3/32" center hole on the Ion stove be ok,,, will the stove still work the same way? Or do I have the info about this kit backwards,,, is the hole that's made the size of the "dies",, in that case, a 1" exists in that kit, & I'm good. Any clarification would be helpful. Sorry if I rambled a bit,, just looking for specifics.

Thanks all!! :)

To make it easier to get your question answered I quoted what ya noted above. Hope this helps since my knowledge of the tool is VERY limited. :)

Big Dawg
09-22-2005, 16:00
Thanks, Dixicritter! My mozilla won't let me copy/paste, & couldn't figure out how to "quote" like you did. I went ahead & bought the kit today,,, I guess I'll just use it & see for myself what size hole it makes.

Roland
09-22-2005, 16:04
A 3/4" knockout punch will make a hole slighly larger than 1" (1.115").