PDA

View Full Version : March On Richmond

Lion King
09-22-2005, 11:24
For any of you in the area of DC or Richmond, Tank, Last Minute and I will be doing a road walk hike called The March On Richmond for the non profit group Arc, if you are in the area of highway 1, (Goes beside I95) here is our schedule

Sunday Sept. 25 19.3 mile day to Pohick Bay Regional Park
Monday Sept. 26 26 mile day to Aquia Pines Campground
Tuesday Sept. 27 25 mile day to KOA Massaponax
Wednesday Sept. 28 25 mile day to Stealth near the North Anna
Thursday Sept. 29 17 mile day to Campground
Friday Sept. 30th 17 miles or so into town..stop wherever get picked up..
Saturday- dropped off at stopping point for final...single digit mile push to the rally

Feel free to drive by and honk or throw water at us.

LK

Cookerhiker
09-22-2005, 11:58
For any of you in the area of DC or Richmond, Tank, Last Minute and I will be doing a road walk hike called The March On Richmond for the non profit group Arc, if you are in the area of highway 1, (Goes beside I95) here is our schedule

Sunday Sept. 25 19.3 mile day to Pohick Bay Regional Park
Monday Sept. 26 26 mile day to Aquia Pines Campground
Tuesday Sept. 27 25 mile day to KOA Massaponax
Wednesday Sept. 28 25 mile day to Stealth near the North Anna
Thursday Sept. 29 17 mile day to Campground
Friday Sept. 30th 17 miles or so into town..stop wherever get picked up..
Saturday- dropped off at stopping point for final...single digit mile push to the rally

Feel free to drive by and honk or throw water at us.

LK
Along those lines, I'm doing a 50 mile walkathon for Multiple Sclerosis in the DC area September 30-October 2. Starting in Fairfax, the course meanders and ends at the US Capitol.

Any water thrown should be gentle tosses in bottles only please. I'd prefer Gatorade!;)

Newb
09-22-2005, 16:04
That's a lot of miles. Us guys with knee issues hate you. :)

Lion King
09-25-2005, 06:27
Hey man, its 5 am give or take in Washington DC and I am about to embark on the ARC hike, ya know the one that raises awareness for the disabled who want to live in normal places and not be run by institutions and the like..anyway, if you wanna keep up with the press and pass along the good words about the fine deeds we are doing it will be in The Washington Post a couple of times, one article was in Thursdays I believe, but the link with info is at
http://thearcofnova.org (http://thearcofnova.org/)

word, be out road walking with "Last Minute" and "Tank" from the film(WWF) 118 miles from D.C. to Richmond. 118 miles on US 1...

Word

Mike D

LK