PDA

View Full Version : So my father just moved to West Virginia

fastfoxengineering
04-28-2014, 15:42
Hey guys, just a little excited about something and figured I'd share.

I just got back from a long road trip (NH-WV) in order to help my father move into a new home in Martinsburg, WV. I didn't even think to check, but come to find out he lives 15 minutes from Harper's Ferry!

I'm looking forward to visiting when I go back out there in a few months.

Regards

FarmerChef
04-28-2014, 15:44
Martinsburg is pretty close to Harper's Ferry. Now another excuse to come hike the trail. And don't forget to check out the ATC headquarters there if you haven't already. Always a good time when you stop in there.

HikerMom58
04-28-2014, 15:47
Martinsburg is pretty close to Harper's Ferry. Now another excuse to come hike the trail. And don't forget to check out the ATC headquarters there if you haven't already. Always a good time when you stop in there.

I agree FC. :)

fastfoxengineering
04-28-2014, 15:47
I'm really looking forward to exploring the area when I go back down there and I'm certainly going to check out the ATC headquarters. I hope to hike the AT in the 2016. So it'll be real nice to have someone so close. It'd be a great time for a a zero day or two for me and whomever I'm hiking with. Be able to spend some good time there and stay with my father.

superman
04-28-2014, 16:44
Why would he leave the perfectly good hiking in NH for W.Va?

Namtrag
04-28-2014, 17:23

Dolly Sods, Roaring Plains, Cranberry Wilderness, Seneca Creek....lol

rafe
04-28-2014, 18:45
Bring an inner tube and float down the river.

fastfoxengineering
04-28-2014, 19:20

Unfortunately, he had to relocate for work. But it means he can retire in 5 rather than 10 years. He loves NH, but was never really an outdoors type other than the casual float around the lake on the pontoon boat. He more or less just ooohs and awwws when I show him some pictures from my adventures up in the White Mtns. I also love New Hampshire.

Bring an inner tube and float down the river.

I may just have to do that.

2NewKnees
04-28-2014, 21:27
That's awesome! I love WV. Beautiful state to visit and cheap place to live except for gas prices. My wife's family is from Beckley and we go to Morgantown for WVU football games as often as possible. Lots of great rafting, hiking, fishing, hunting, etc. there. It is truly Wild and Wonderful in WV!

FarmerChef
04-28-2014, 21:35
Oh totally. Floating the Shenandoah is such a blast and they have tubing companies that will totally hook you up with everything you need. So relaxing. Just bring some good sunscreen.

gof
04-28-2014, 23:13
+2 for the Cranberry Backcountry.