PDA

View Full Version : parking for section hike in PA or NJ

rustmd
04-29-2014, 12:02
anyone know about parking at either Kitatinny Visitor's Center or at Mohican Center? I'm looking to leave my car for about 9 nights and hike my section back to my car, sometime mid-June.

.cm

Starchild
04-29-2014, 12:19
Try:

http://appalachiantrail.rohland.org/

Old Grouse
04-29-2014, 14:35
Maybe I'm paranoid but I'd rather park at MOC than KVC, which is right on Rte 80. Less chance of vandalism, I should think.

Shipfixer
04-29-2014, 15:56
Last summer I parked on the approach road to the Mohican Outdoor Center where the A.T. crosses without incident. Room for several cars. It's about 200 yards from the MOC's office. The MOC also has a large parking lot but I believe it's for people staying there. One other nice thing.... you can shower at the MOC for $5.00 and they provide the bath towel (if you want to shower/change before your ride home).

One other comment.... if you're hiking north from the MOC and it's foggy or raining....be very careful as the trail is close to the edge of cliffs for a short way.

Shipfixer

Wise Old Owl
04-29-2014, 20:28
anyone know about parking at either Kitatinny Visitor's Center or at Mohican Center? I'm looking to leave my car for about 9 nights and hike my section back to my car, sometime mid-June.

.cm I did both with Rocket Socks Kitatinny had some signs so we parked at a designated area and were there early prior to 9am to avoid the crowds at the lot. I used a KML program from the ATC and loaded it into my GPS, as it contains all the lots by name

rustmd
04-30-2014, 09:14
thanks for the info., I should call each place (kitatinny not open till May), see what can be done. I'm looking for 9 days' parking.

.com