PDA

View Full Version : Recent Contact/Contact Number for ZPacks?

CoffeeBager
05-01-2014, 08:55
Has anyone been in communication with ZPacks over the last couple of days? I'm trying to get a response on a problem with my order and haven't had any response to my emailed requests for information over the past 2-3 days. I've usually gotten a response very quickly via email, so I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten communication from them or if anyone has a phone number I can call.

I really need to get this problem resolved quickly, and am getting frustrated by their unresponsiveness, especially since it looks like Joe and Matt are leaving on a long trip in just a few days.

Thanks for any info.

pyro_
05-01-2014, 09:12
Matt and Joe just got back a couple of days ago from being out for almost a week. Would not be supprised if they are still in the process of catching up

canoe
05-01-2014, 18:54
Good luck......

CoffeeBager
05-01-2014, 18:57
Yes, I realize they were gone for kickoff. It's now been three days with no response, and they are leaving on a longer trip in less than a week, leaving me very concerned that the issue with my order will not be resolved in a timely manner. I've had a handful of successful purchases from them in the past and spent many hundreds of dollars with them this year, but their unresponsiveness to this current issue has me really questioning their customer service.

bigcranky
05-01-2014, 19:08
I just had a response late yesterday to an email enquiry I sent over the weekend. That's about the timeline I expected. I hope they answer you soon. If it were me I might try a followup email with a very descriptive short subject line and the word "urgent."

GolfHiker
05-01-2014, 19:44
I emailed Joe on Wed., received a response from him today/thurs. All good.

JASH
09-13-2017, 10:51
Placed an order on August 29, 2017. Am going hiking in a few days and no order. Being in their business and no phone is unacceptable. Cool for the 70's though.

Maineiac64
09-13-2017, 11:54
Placed an order on August 29, 2017. Am going hiking in a few days and no order. Being in their business and no phone is unacceptable. Cool for the 70's though.

You do realize there was this major hurricane in Florida where their operations are located? Recently have had shorter lead times but with cottage manufactureres it can mean a wait. Now there's the hurricane. I'm sure your hike is important but these people are likely dealing with very serious situations.

DownEaster
09-13-2017, 12:08
It's pretty simple, I think. If you can't deal with the vagaries of service with a cottage manufacturer, you probably shouldn't be giving them your business. If you want a supplier to have inventory in stock and be reachable by phone, acknowledge what's important to you and shop accordingly.

saltysack
09-13-2017, 14:34
Try hitting them up on IG.....I have nothing bad to say about Zpacks. It really like a phone number....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saltysack
09-13-2017, 14:37
Uggg...not having a CS number drives me nuts but given the storm it too would likely be down...

tomtucker
09-13-2017, 16:46
Question. How many hundreds of thousands of people in Florida are without a home or lost all they ever had.

MuddyWaters
09-13-2017, 17:12

Actually, having correspondence written protects both parties, and eliminates confusion. No one "talks" on phone anymore since advent of texting anyway.

When powers out....cell towers are out.....internet is out.

Land lines will still work if have old corded phone, not cordless. I keep an old corded phone for those situations.

Water Rat
09-13-2017, 20:07

I have placed a few orders with Zpacks and have never had any issues. When they have power, they are pretty darn responsive via email.

With that, last Thursday, this is what Joe posted on Facebook:

"Due to hurricane Irma, we here at Zpacks will be closing our doors most of Friday, Monday and possibly Tuesday so that all of our employees can prepare as the storm gets closer to Melbourne. We appreciate all of the messages we have been receiving and look forward to returning and getting back to building great gear. We apologize in advance for any delays with orders or correspondence as we prepare for Irma. Be safe out there."

I would not be shocked if they have had power issues, flooding issues, are dealing with lots of people trying to contact them. Even if they were not directly hit by Irma, the state is going through a lot right at the moment. If they do have power and are back up and running, I am going to bet they were bombarded with emails as soon as they got back to work.

Cheyou
09-13-2017, 20:29
My brother lives in Melbourne. He got land line back today . Still no cell coverage at his house.

Thom

Berserker
09-14-2017, 16:55
I shouldn't even be asking, but why are we rehashing something from 2014 about contacting a cottage gear manufacturer?

Also, I happen to email them recently, and they now have an auto reply set up that states they'll be delayed in responding due to the hurricane.

saltysack
09-14-2017, 18:16
I shouldn't even be asking, but why are we rehashing something from 2014 about contacting a cottage gear manufacturer?

Also, I happen to email them recently, and they now have an auto reply set up that states they'll be delayed in responding due to the hurricane.

Good question.......

Maineiac64
09-14-2017, 18:23
Good question.......

JASH ordered his stuff 8/29/17 and ain't got his stuff.

MuddyWaters
09-14-2017, 18:28

Another poster obviously searched for issues (kudos to anyone that actually does search..) and piled his complaint on to old thread.

Its unfortunate that his order hit at time of hurricane, and he had an upcoming trip he wanted gear for.

Sucks to spend $$$ money for gear and then maybe not get to use it for long time. But not really zpacks fault here imo. Just bad luck.

TTT
09-14-2017, 18:41
I've placed 3 separate orders with Zpacks and they all came with a tracking number.

dukakis
10-29-2017, 19:19
Actually, not that many. only a handful of homes down here were destroyed. Life was back to normal 10 days after the storm came through.