PDA

View Full Version : Have my heart set on a LightHeart Solo with Wedge. Opinions?

zaichev
05-02-2014, 18:17
I'd love for anyone to try to dissuade me or for anyone to say, "Yes, that's perfect!"

It looks like a great compromise between space/weight/comfort (and the views!)

The price is a little high for me, though. Any sense of when they go on sale, if they do?

Tuckahoe
05-02-2014, 19:07
I had a Lightheart Solo before I switched to a hammock. And as you have already stated it is a great combination of space weight and comfort. It was easy and quick to set up. It handled wind and weather pretty well. At best you will need six stakes, but in a pinch I have set it up only using two.

Judy at Lightheart is also very pleasant to deal with :)

At $245 the Solo is a great lightweight tent at a great price, but if its out of your price range take a look at the Six Moon Design's Skyscape Scout. It is a similar style tent to the Solo, but with slightly heavier material and 7 ounces heavier (2lbs 2oz), but priced at $125. I do not have experience with it, but I have heard good reviews and hopefully someone cane share their personal knowledge of the Scout.

Skyscape Scout -- http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/tents/SkyscapeScout.html

mad4scrapping
05-02-2014, 20:04
I would say-- that's perfect! I have the solo without the wedge and I love it. I tried out three other tents before I discovered it. I agree with everything Tuckahoe64 said about it. But, at the end of the day, everyone had to make their own decision as to what works best for them.