PDA

View Full Version : Trailcast - Bob Butler

CynJ
09-23-2005, 21:02
I have been enjoying his podcasts very much - I gather from the podcasts he is from Louisana -has anyone heard if he is okay since Katrina?

His podcasts are awesome - I really like the nice casual flow to them - makes for very easy listening.

trippclark
09-24-2005, 07:19
Yes, I wrote him a note and got a reply on September 13. Here is his reply:

Hi Tripp,
Thanks for asking about me. I live in Baton Rouge, which has pretty much doubled in population since Katrina. I have been working for the Red Cross as a volunteer since Katrina made landfall, as a Ham radio operator, and this last week I have been installing emergency communication equipment into shelter kitchens all over Louisiana. My employer has been generous enough to allow me to do this full time, though I will most likely be going back to work next week. I am very tired, and it has been difficult to think about anything other than what is happening down here. I would like to get at least one program of Trailcast for September and will do my best to make that happen, but life down here has changed profoundly for everybody. I may make a podcast about my experience with Hurricane Katrina.

Thanks for asking about me.

-Bob

CynJ
09-24-2005, 10:36
Thanks trippclark! It sounds like he's been doing a lot. Will keep a lookout for his next cast - I think it would be interesting if he did it about his katrina experience.