PDA

View Full Version : AT Book swap

occultpotato
05-07-2014, 10:35
Hello all! This is sort of a re-post from the 2015 thread but I thought I'd share it here too.

I was wondering if anyone had any books about the AT that they have read and would be willing to donate/trade/sell to a prospective thru-hiker such as myself. I'm trying to save up for this adventure, and I thought I'd reach out to you lovely people in the community before I went the purchase/amazon option.

Specific books I was looking for (recommended by a 2012 thru-hiker friend) are:
Appalachian Trials
A Walk in the Woods
Becoming Odyssa
AWOL on the AT

Any other ones offered would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!
Molly

2NewKnees
05-07-2014, 14:36
Go check them out at the local library. Sometimes they have them. I had a couple of these books but donated them to the library so others could enjoy.

occultpotato
05-07-2014, 16:51
Unfortunately I don't live in an area with a library. Also these books don't appear to be on any book trading sites :(

Rolls Kanardly
05-07-2014, 17:01
Just kidding here, but you live on Catalina Island. I will loan you all my books and all my gear so you can do a four or five month walk and I will live in your house, tent, cottage, bush, or whatever on Catalina Island for said amount of time.
I will even throw in some resupply if you got a boat and a kayak. :)
Have a great hike Molly.
Rolls

Rolls Kanardly
05-08-2014, 12:44
Molly, check your PM's from yesterday. Rolls

Josh Calhoun
05-09-2014, 07:47
i have "A Walk In The Woods" that i would like to trade

perrito
05-09-2014, 13:25
Have you read "Then the Hail Came (http://skwc.com/exile/Hail-nf.html)"? It's an excellent, free online book.

CoffeeBager
05-09-2014, 20:30
I have Becoming Odyssa and probably won't read it again. I'm heading out on a trip soon, though, so would need your address pretty quickly. PM me if you still want it.

TomKarakowski
06-10-2014, 08:47
I just spent a long, boring day at work, cutting pasting and formatting "Then the hail Came" into mobi format (for kindle). Building up a library for my SoBo attempt starting in July If anyone want one for their kindle, PM me here with a real email address. - Tom K

Venchka
06-10-2014, 09:37
Add "Called Again" to the list. After reading it, you will think for a long time before picking up a cell phone and calling 911.

Wayne