PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions! Pad/Sleeping bag sliding and Dog pad?

Gambit McCrae
05-08-2014, 10:34
When pitching tent on uneven ground I tend to slide down hill(duh). What remedies do you all use for this? last time I just let my pad slide to the foot of the tent and it kinda stopped after that.

Second, Is a foam cell folding pad a good option for hiking dogs? Now he uses a down blanket but Im thinking something waterproof and light and bungeeable to the outside of his pack would have alot of perks

jimmyjam
05-08-2014, 10:43
Put some strips or dots of silicone caulk on your tent floor and or pad. It will help some.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

dmax
05-08-2014, 10:51
My last hike I had to put my shoes under my mat to keep from rolling off.

Damn Yankee
05-08-2014, 11:46
I use a Thermarest Zpack I think it's called. I cut four sections off to make a seat which when folded in half, fits nicely in my pack. The remainder of the pad is for the dog. When it's colder, I fold it in half for the dog and when it's warmer, I just open it all the way. It also doubles as a floor protector for the tent but, you will still need something to cover the dog in the colder months.

saltysack
05-08-2014, 12:07
I use a Thermarest Zpack I think it's called. I cut four sections off to make a seat which when folded in half, fits nicely in my pack. The remainder of the pad is for the dog. When it's colder, I fold it in half for the dog and when it's warmer, I just open it all the way. It also doubles as a floor protector for the tent but, you will still need something to cover the dog in the colder months.

I also use a small section of a zlite for sit pad during day and my jack Russell uses for pad at night...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddytwosticks
05-08-2014, 15:59
I have a section of Gossamer Gear 1/8 inch closed cell pad. I think it's about 20" by 30". I put this between my Prolite air mattress and the silnylon floor of my Tarptent Notch. Problem solved. Plus I use it as a sit pad and makeshift wind blocker for my canister stove. :)

bigcranky
05-08-2014, 20:48
My tent has a silnylon floor. I painted dots of silicone sealent on the floor and it helps keep the pad from sliding.

I always take a piece of CCF pad. If I had a dog, I would have one for her, too.