PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Thermarest Neoair XTherm Medium.

seanxxwang
05-10-2014, 11:01
Amazed by the R value and would like to try out the warmth in cooler nights. No need the regular length, I am looking for the medium, 66 inch to keep the weight low. If you have one for sell, please message me. Thanks.

seanxxwang
06-02-2014, 13:37
Does someone have one hanging around for sale?

HooKooDooKu
06-02-2014, 14:45
Sounds like a perfect purchase for utilizing REI's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. (Of course you just missed the 20% off sale)

Venchka
06-02-2014, 17:22
Sounds like a perfect purchase for utilizing REI's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. (Of course you just missed the 20% off sale)

I didn't miss it. Sleeping on it as often as possible to make sure that I like it before my 12 months expire. Looking forward to 15 degree nights on my deck around Christmas.
BTW, the inflated width is 2" less than the uninflated, flat width specified in the catalog. The weight is spot on! I'm glad I got the wide version. 23" wide inflated. 18" doesn't cut it for me.

Wayne

shelb
06-10-2014, 23:08
How is the noise level?

handlebar
06-10-2014, 23:22
Very warm. Used in shelter on NCT with zero degree rated down bag on night with temp at -16F and was OK, though not toasty. I don't notice any issue with noise.

Venchka
06-11-2014, 19:23
How is the noise level?

A wee bit of crinkle as I roll onto it. After that, nothing. More important to me is the fact that the Xtherm is not hot right now in my apartment in Houston at 78 degrees. I have spent 7 nights in a row on it with the Exped Air Pillow and never felt hot. That was a concern of mine before I bought it. No longer a concern.

To the OP: The medium is only 1 ounce lighter than the regular. Unless you are very short, your feet may hang off the end. You may find a regular quicker. More of them are sold.

Wayne

seanxxwang
06-11-2014, 20:03
Thanks. This is for my wife and she is 5'3'' and cold sleeper. Currently she is using exped SynMat ul7 regular(no
need that long) and feels chill from ground in the night of Sierra.

bamboo bob
06-11-2014, 20:34
I returned mine. Noise is there but it so thick I actually fell off of it during the night.

Venchka
06-11-2014, 21:41
I returned mine. Noise is there but it so thick I actually fell off of it during the night.

My reason for buying the large. After 10 nights I have not gone off.

OP: I bought my XTherm over the Xped UL7 for the same reason: more R- value. I hope she likes it. I won't have cold testing until Christmas.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.