PDA

View Full Version : Bunch Of Ideas

FooFooCuddlyPoops
05-12-2014, 21:34
Hey you guys,

I am new here. Yay! And also new to the idea of hiking the At. I have heard about it in the past and always thought...yeah screw that. Now the more I research, the more videos I see, the more I want to do at least something. I live in colonial beach, VA. A good 2 hour base trip from George Washington NF, Shenandoah NF, Jefferson NF.

My names Cara. FooFooCuddlyPoops is a old nickname back in high school. >.<

I have a few questions in regards too where to help picking out a location to location point section hike on the AT. I don't have the funds, nor the want at this moment to go all "out". But I figured if anything, I could plan at least a 5 day trip, town to town. Or maybe 10 days just to have a taste of what it is like being out for that long.

Do you guys recommend any great towns/sections in the Virginia area that can be done with at least one package drop and roughly ten days? ( Please shoot me. I am probably making a fool out of myself in front of you avid hikers.)

I would highly like a area that I could take my dog with me. He is my push on many of my overnight pack packing trips.

FooFooCuddlyPoops
05-12-2014, 21:35
( actualy. I wanna see the wild ponys. Where is that? )

canoe
05-12-2014, 22:15
( actualy. I wanna see the wild ponys. Where is that? ) grayson highland to damascus is a very nice section of the trail. It is SW VA

FooFooCuddlyPoops
05-12-2014, 22:43
How many miles is that on the trail?

Lone Wolf
05-13-2014, 03:54
40 miles........