PDA

View Full Version : shaving

adam12
05-15-2014, 07:50
Ok this is for all the older female hikers. What do you do about facial hair while on the trial????

adam12
05-15-2014, 15:44
It appears we are afraid to answer this thread but I am serious. I am 48 and I get chin and neck hairs. I shave them off now but I really don't want to carry a razor with me.

Traffic Jam
05-15-2014, 16:19
It appears we are afraid to answer this thread but I am serious. I am 48 and I get chin and neck hairs. I shave them off now but I really don't want to carry a razor with me.

LOL! I assume you're talking about increased facial hair caused by hormonal changes? So far, I only have to pluck occasionally. I guess I'm lucky. If it bothers you, just get waxed every few weeks when you're in town. I'm not a long distance hiker but I could care less what I look like when I'm out in the woods.

The Old Boot
05-15-2014, 16:23
Ok this is for all the older female hikers. What do you do about facial hair while on the trial????

My multi-tool has a very neat little pair of tweezers that I can use. They're so efficient that I've taken to using them at home as well!!

It's not really something I worry about in the backcountry but it one is bugging the crap out of me I can deal with it.

cheetahgeek
05-16-2014, 03:07
I don't have facial hair so can't tell what I would do. I also do not recall seeing any of the women with facial hair, no mustaches or hairy moles. They must have been doing something to keep that at bay while in town. Not all towns are going to have a easily accessed salon for hair removal, and you might not want to take the time to deal with appts. I'd think that a dipilatory (spelling) would be available at any of the grocery stores. Probably want to use it in town, or be sure to be a good distance from water along the trail.

tauwillow
05-20-2014, 12:14
I have nail clippers that I bring hiking. It works great for my "witch hair".

Trailweaver
05-28-2014, 01:41
You could also use a "bounce box" and mail whatever it is you use at home to the places you know you're going to check in at the Post Office. That way you know when you will need it and use what you're used to using.