PDA

View Full Version : Sawyer squeeze mini use tips... Please

saltysack
05-16-2014, 09:24
I use a squeeze mini and love it.....I use the sawyer newer version Mylar bags to fill my 1l smart water bottles....my question is do most just hold water bottles w feet and squeeze bag/filter aimed into bottle or use the rubber tubing with screw on piece to attach to smart water bottle...how do you get to work as air needs to escape from smart water bottle. Tried loosing threads but water seeps around...do most save weight and aim and squeeze???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coffee
05-16-2014, 09:30
I fill my smart water bottles directly from the water source and screw the mini directly onto the bottle and drink directly through the filter. After taking several sips out of the bottle, I turn the bottle upright and loosen the filter to let air back in, then tighten the filter. It works very well. I find the included sawyer bags very hard to use.

MDSection12
05-16-2014, 09:46
I generally just hold the bottle I'm filling with my feet, aim and squeeze... But I do like using the rubber tubing since then I can run that into the bottle and have less worry of spilling.

There are tons of modifications people have done to the Mini though, just google and you'll find tons of info.

nastynate
05-16-2014, 10:26
I fill my smart water bottles directly from the water source and screw the mini directly onto the bottle and drink directly through the filter. After taking several sips out of the bottle, I turn the bottle upright and loosen the filter to let air back in, then tighten the filter. It works very well. I find the included sawyer bags very hard to use.

Thats what I do as well.