PDA

View Full Version : Snow peak 600 large enough for rice/pasta sides???

saltysack
05-17-2014, 17:11
Anyone use a sp 600 mug with knorr sides or is it to small? I'm getting tired of your typical dehydrated meals but not sure if my mug/pot has enough capacity to cook these...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogwood
05-17-2014, 18:19
I need the 830 ml(28 fluid oz) Snow Peak Mini Solo Ti pot for a Lipton's side, 2.6 oz pack of tuna, and a bit of chopped onion and tomato. The Lipton's Rice Sides take up a bit more volume than the noodle varieties. The 830 ml Mini Solo Ti pot(w/ fold away handles, which are nice especially if you ever cook over a campfire) with the Ti lid(w another small convenient handle) weighs in at 3 oz and .8 oz = 3.8 oz total. The Snow Peak 600 ml SINGLE WALL cup/mug weighs 2.4 oz and has a 14 oz capacity. There's a double wall mug version too. I'm quoting all this from memory because I researched the same question you are asking. I didn't do this experiment but I do know that some gram weenie ULers use the 700 ml pot/mug w/ a home made foil lid and they tell me they can do a Lipton side and tuna packet like I mentioned in that size pot/mug.

Feral Bill
05-17-2014, 18:37
I need the 830 ml(28 fluid oz) Snow Peak Mini Solo Ti pot for a Lipton's side, 2.6 oz pack of tuna, and a bit of chopped onion and tomato. The Lipton's Rice Sides take up a bit more volume than the noodle varieties. The 830 ml Mini Solo Ti pot(w/ fold away handles, which are nice especially if you ever cook over a campfire) with the Ti lid(w another small convenient handle) weighs in at 3 oz and .8 oz = 3.8 oz total. The Snow Peak 600 ml SINGLE WALL cup/mug weighs 2.4 oz and has a 14 oz capacity. There's a double wall mug version too. I'm quoting all this from memory because I researched the same question you are asking. I didn't do this experiment but I do know that some gram weenie ULers use the 700 ml pot/mug w/ a home made foil lid and they tell me they can do a Lipton side and tuna packet like I mentioned in that size pot/mug.

The "Lipton's" sides are now Knorr. Same product, I believe.

Dogwood
05-17-2014, 18:46
Knorr's smores. :) THX Bill. I think Unilever would thank you for the correction. I think they own Lipton/Knorrs?

saltysack
05-17-2014, 19:22
Yep tried w 600 about to over flow!! Any users w so 700?? Is it big enough??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virginia jen
05-17-2014, 21:50
I've got the Snowpeak 700 Mug/Pot. I can cook a rice side or a box of Mac & cheese in it no problems (well sometimes a little over boil of pasta water, but I'm working on just the perfect ratio). I usually stir in tuna after, but it'll fit with a rice side.