PDA

View Full Version : Overnight in Hot Springs, NC

Jagger
05-19-2014, 20:31
We are planning a section hike from I40 to Erwin, TN and are planning on spending a night in Hot Springs, NC. Given that this will be our third night on the trail ( the first day is a short hiking day due to travel ) I am trying to figure out where to spend the night? Are there campgrounds that are easy to get to from the trail? Is there a shelter? Other tenting options? We will be in Hot Springs on July 3 so I'm not sure about availability of hotels or hostels but any input would be appreciated.

Venchka
05-19-2014, 20:37
Search for a similar thread in the last month. Yes, there is a commercial CG on the far side of town and more camping along the river-don't know about cost. Find the earlier thread-it will answer all of your questions. Eat at the Diner.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

Del Q
05-19-2014, 21:33
Stay at the spa, or across the street at the campgrounds, spending an hour in the spa is worth the experience, the one I had looked out over the creek.

Nice resupply town, great food, pure AT love, trail goes right downtown which is always nice.

Super friendly people

johnnyq
05-19-2014, 21:39
Be sure to eat at the Diner..very hiker friendly and good food at a good price. Not sure about the camping but there are the Hot Springs you can soak in...very nice..

superman
05-19-2014, 21:55
Can someone tell what kind of mattresses they have at the Iron Horse Station? I want to buy one.

Venchka
05-19-2014, 22:07
You must have gotten one better than ours. Call the manager. Ask him to ask his brother the owner.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

Jagger
05-21-2014, 19:44
Got it figured out...staying at campground. Thanks for input and will eat at the Diner!