PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend hike

bigcranky
05-27-2014, 07:35
Just got back from our Memorial Day weekend hike on the AT from Fox Creek to Damascus. Lovely weather, lots of folks on the trail. I uploaded some pix to my gallery, and here's one that Dragonfly shot of me at Buzzard Rock on Sunday morning, with Whitetop visible in the background. This was shot with her phone using the panorama mode, and turned out surprisingly well with a little post production in Lightroom:

The trail was in good shape, plenty of water at the springs (and everywhere else - very wet so far this spring.) Lots of wildflowers and birds -- Dragonfly had her little Zeiss binoculars with her and found some great warblers and vireos.*

Fun trip, can't wait to get back out.

* black throated blue, Canada warbler, black throated green, red eyed vireo, blue headed vireo, lots of chestnut sided warblers, indigo bunting, lots of juncos, eastern wood peewee, tree, rough winged, and barn swallows, common yellowthroat, plus all the usual suspects.

Tuckahoe
05-27-2014, 07:55
That is a beautiful photo. Glad you enjoyed your hike.

canoe
05-27-2014, 09:55
Glad you had a good hike. That is a good pic. That one belong in a mag

Namtrag
05-27-2014, 10:53
Nice hike!! Unfortunately, we tried the same hike a little over a week earlier, and it was not a fun time....timing is everything!