PDA

View Full Version : ride swap for Sunapee Monadnock Greenway Trail

1azarus
05-28-2014, 16:52
trying to schedule a Sunapee Monadnock trail hike for mid july. anybody want try to arrange spotting cars to avoid needing a shuttle?

rafe
05-28-2014, 17:08
I might be game. I've been considering the Wapack Trail as well... all 24 miles of it...

1azarus
05-28-2014, 18:22
great... I'm just entering the "when is the best time to..." negotiations. will post target dates soon!

1azarus
05-29-2014, 09:33
...meet up Saturday mid morning on July 19th? likely hike solo at own pace in opposite directions. anybody interested, please pm me. this could work for any number of hikers... -- you in, Rafe? the trail is roughly50 miles in length.

rafe
05-29-2014, 10:02
Solo in opposite directions? Hmm. I was thinking of someone to hike with. I've hiked mostly solo for years. Wouldn't mind some company on the trail. I know it's iffy shopping for hiking partners on the web -- but sometimes it works.

1azarus
05-29-2014, 10:46
... I like company too, at least in camp -- I just like to walk alone most/much of the time. same direction would work fine if we just coordinated shelter stays. I actually bought the trail guide and will take a look at it to see what reasonable hike days would look like! thanks for making me work on my social skills.

1azarus
05-29-2014, 12:25
...I'm thinking leave a car at the poole road in monadnock park, drive to whatever trail head makes sense at Sunapee, hike south around 13 miles to max Israel shelter, then continue just under 20 to crider shelter, then just under 20 back to the car... drive back to pick up other car. might make sense to do this in reverse, but think I'd prefer the shorter hike day first.