PDA

View Full Version : Wanting: Underquilt for Skeeter Beeter Pro

Ricky&Jack
06-01-2014, 23:16
I just bought a Skeeter beeter Pro from a forum member here a few days ago. It should probably be here this week.

But I have never used a hammock before, and while looking online, I saw that you 'need' an underquilt to stay warm.

I dont know anything about them other than there are full body and half body........ and that they cost $175-$300 online.

Does anybody have a used one for sale? I would even be okay with buying a homemade DIY one, if the price is right.

(I also read tha tthe skeeter beeter pro is wider than some hammocks. So I'm not sure what fits and what doesnt.

pics would be nice, if you have one.

mudsocks
06-02-2014, 00:20
You might want to head over to hammockforums.net and check the market place. Arrowhead equipment makes nice inexpensive synthetic under quilts. It is possible to use a CCF pad in your hammock. That's how I started out before purchasing an underquilt.

Ricky&Jack
06-02-2014, 00:30
i registered with hammo*** forums on thursday. still waiting for approval.
what is a CCF pad? and do you have a link on amazon?

I dont wanna go all out on expensive hammock gear yet. I may only get about 5-20 nights on the trail this summer before it gets too cold, here in georgia...... So I just need to make sure im comfortable in the summer.

Ricky&Jack
06-02-2014, 00:34
i just looked up ccf pad...... thats those cheap blue pads that they sell at walmart? or would it be a special kind for a hammock?

this is the one i saw http://www.amazon.com/Stansport-Pack-Lite-72X19X3-8-Inch-Blue/dp/B00069PFKK/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1401683527&sr=1-1&keywords=ccf+pad

mudsocks
06-02-2014, 00:52
The cheap blue one is what I started with. They tend to be a little narrow for a hammock but it's a reasonable way to try a hammock with dropping a ton of money. Gossamer Gear sells a wider pad that should work well in a hammock. This gives you a ground option too. 30" wide pad is ideal in my opinion.

What username did you register with over on HF?

Ricky&Jack
06-02-2014, 00:56
same name. Ricky&Jack

mudsocks
06-02-2014, 01:00
You should be all set now.

Ricky&Jack
06-02-2014, 01:07
well that was fast. I appreciate it.