PDA

View Full Version : more about footwear

squeezebox
06-09-2014, 12:15
I have a cut nerve in my left calf. it has created Planter's fasciatis or something simular.
I don't even walk around the house barefoot.
Day to day tennis shoes or crocks are okay not great.
A stiff sole is better for me
I started with a pair of Asola 520's, 3 lb 13 oz, my heels did nor agree, blisters in less than a mile. barely finished a 5 mile hike.
I'm currently in a pair of Lowa renigades 2 lb 7 oz. my left foot feels better in these than tennis shoes, okay on day hikes.
Would like to shave a lb. off footwear, by going to trail runners. but something like a bit sturdier tennis shoe, I just don't think it will work for me.
I plan on starting out hiking a bit heavy for camp comfort, sending stuff home as unneeded, I really need good footwear !!!
Any advice from others with Planters will be appreciated.

Shutterbug
06-09-2014, 20:34
I have a cut nerve in my left calf. it has created Planter's fasciatis or something simular.
I don't even walk around the house barefoot.
Day to day tennis shoes or crocks are okay not great.
A stiff sole is better for me
I started with a pair of Asola 520's, 3 lb 13 oz, my heels did nor agree, blisters in less than a mile. barely finished a 5 mile hike.
I'm currently in a pair of Lowa renigades 2 lb 7 oz. my left foot feels better in these than tennis shoes, okay on day hikes.
Would like to shave a lb. off footwear, by going to trail runners. but something like a bit sturdier tennis shoe, I just don't think it will work for me.
I plan on starting out hiking a bit heavy for camp comfort, sending stuff home as unneeded, I really need good footwear !!!
Any advice from others with Planters will be appreciated.

I had constant foot pain similar to plantar and was wearing some of those Lowa's with a really stiff sole. I had a pair of Vibram FiveFingers in my pack to use as camp shoes. The pain in my foot got so bad that I took the boots off and put on the Vibram FiveFingers. I have never gone back to boots. The VFFs completely resolved my foot pain. I know they don't work for everyone, but they were the answer for me. I have hiked thousands of miles my VFFs and wouldn't wear anything else.

squeezebox
06-09-2014, 21:57
I'm willing to give it a try
where do I get vibram 5 fingers ?

Foresight
06-10-2014, 00:35
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/fivefingers_thank_you_sale.htm

Damn Yankee
06-10-2014, 06:13
Another thing you may try is to stretch the ligament in your foot using some type of band and to try a good quality insole such as Super Feet or SOLES.