PDA

View Full Version : Need help locating a SOBO hiker th

NCMedic
06-11-2014, 14:47
I have been contacted by a family who is quite worried about their son who is hiking southbound on the AT. He is 6 days late checking in with his family and is running low on supplies and money and was supposed to pick up resupplies and a box from his family in Troutdale VA. I am hoping that someone may have seen him and can let me know so I can reassure his family.

The hiker's trail name is So Heavy and is an 18 year old white male from Florida. He started south from Maine last year and had to take some time off the trail this winter and is now again headed south. He may be carrying video gear as well as he was creating a documentary of his hike. A picture from last year is attached.

Thank you,

Continuous Wave, "CW".

canoe
06-11-2014, 14:53
He probably just taking his time. Hope you find him soon. When was the last time you heard from him? Just curious how do you know he is low on supply and money

Ricky&Jack
06-11-2014, 16:30
if he's making a documentary, he may be taking time to film "extra coverage" or met up with people to document their hike as well

Mountain Mike
06-11-2014, 17:18
He has been found. Was taking some time off at Fort Bastion.

Ricky&Jack
06-11-2014, 17:25
good to hear

Foresight
06-11-2014, 17:44
He needs to learn how to use a phone.

bamboo bob
06-11-2014, 17:56
He has been found. Was taking some time off at Fort Bastion. He must have been lost to go to Bastion!

Ricky&Jack
06-11-2014, 18:02
He must have been lost to go to Bastion!

I dont know the area. how far front he trail is that?

bamboo bob
06-11-2014, 18:07
I dont know the area. how far front he trail is that?

Not far but I know no one who goes there ever because unless a new hostel opened or something Bland is closer and has services from the same point on the trail. Bland is no prize either.