PDA

View Full Version : Gorham/Lincoln Lodging

Surridge
06-12-2014, 12:55
Looking for recommendations for lodging in both Gorham and Lincoln. Hostels or cheaper hotels ideally. Am doing a section hike beginning in Gorham and ending in Lincoln. Ease to trail access would be ideal as well. Thanks

Jeff
06-12-2014, 12:58
Hands down White Mountain Lodge and Hostel is a great place to stay in that area. They are located right on the AT and they will also pick you up at Pinkham Notch if you wish to spend a second night there.

http://whitemountainslodgeandhostel.com/

RED-DOG
06-12-2014, 13:30
Yep White MT Lodge and Hostel is an awesome place they charge $33.00 per night includes Breakfast, Greg and Geri Somerville are great people they make you feel right at home( 603-466-5049 ).
and another great place is , Hikers Paradise Hostel at Colonial Inn, $20per night ( 603-466-2732 ) awesome place I have stayed at both of these places and I would recommend either one , You can't go wrong at either place. Good Luck and Happy Hiking.

Jack Tarlin
06-12-2014, 13:36
If White Mountain Lodge and Hostel is open when you get there you'd be crazy to stay anywhere else. Five Stars and more. Unless you want or need a motel room, this is THE place to stay in Gorham.

Jeff
06-12-2014, 16:19
Yep White MT Lodge and Hostel is an awesome place they charge $33.00 per night includes Breakfast, Greg and Geri Somerville are great people they make you feel right at home( 603-466-5049 ).

Greg and Geri sold the place last summer, but new owner Marnie is an absolute delight and hikers services have remained 1st class.

rafe
06-12-2014, 16:29
That's a good find, folks -- but if I understand correctly, the White Mountain Lodge and Hostel is right near the AT trailhead on Rte. 2, by the Rattle River Trail? That puts it a little bit out of range for the Pemi or the Franconia area.

(I could have used it a couple months ago, rather than spend a night at the Rattle River shelter...)

Jack Tarlin
06-12-2014, 20:00
To say that Marnie is "an absolute delight" is like saying that Mother Teresa was occasionally polite to old people and lepers. I cannot begin to say what a great place Wt. Mt. Lodge is. Gorham was a great hostel town long ago. Thanks to what Marnie is doing, it can be described that way again.

Driver8
06-18-2014, 22:40
In Lincoln, Chet's Place is great. He can arrange shuttles, I believe. Very nice fellow - I've stayed at his place several times and lots of thrus stay there in season. PM me for more info. You can also search him here on the board.

ChinMusic
06-18-2014, 22:44
I passed on Chet's place. It was so popular that the crowds turned me off. It was packed.

gumball
06-19-2014, 06:32
We just left the Mt. Liberty motel in Lincoln, owned by Paul and his wife, very hiker friendly. I cracked a rib going over Layfayette area, Was able to get a hold of Paul who came and got me. Able to shuttle to nearby trailhead and AMC shuttle available for further points. .Accommodations clean and affordable. We've stayed several times. Highly recommend. Gum.

Jack Tarlin
06-19-2014, 12:04
Chet's house is sometimes packed mainly cuz it's such a great place.

Rain Man
06-19-2014, 17:24
To say that Marnie is "an absolute delight" is like saying that Mother Teresa was occasionally polite to old people and lepers. I cannot begin to say what a great place Wt. Mt. Lodge is. Gorham was a great hostel town long ago. Thanks to what Marnie is doing, it can be described that way again.

Amen and AMEN. Stayed last August, taking a zero day. Marnie's holding the pup. Her mom's in the middle.

Rain:sunMan

Driver8
06-20-2014, 16:34
Chet's house is sometimes packed mainly cuz it's such a great place.

Exactly, and Chet's such a nice person.

Surridge
06-23-2014, 14:14
Thanks for the info guys. I stayed at the White Mountain lodge and hostel in Gorham. Great place. Very friendly and helpful. Even picked me up from the bus stop when it was 2 hours late!
Also stayed at Mt Liberty hotel in Lincoln. Highly recommend. Offered a lift into town as well as trailhead support.

Driver8
06-23-2014, 17:53
Thanks for the info guys. I stayed at the White Mountain lodge and hostel in Gorham. Great place. Very friendly and helpful. Even picked me up from the bus stop when it was 2 hours late!
Also stayed at Mt Liberty hotel in Lincoln. Highly recommend. Offered a lift into town as well as trailhead support.

How was your hike?

Lincoln's a great town. As a Connecticut peakbagging daykhiker, I've concentrated my hikes so far on peaks near Lincoln, closer to CT, so I've spent a fair amount of time there. Have become very fond of that little hamlet.

Starchild
06-23-2014, 19:27
There is Doc and Lamma in N. Conway, but I don't have contact info.

Chet's place is the way to go if in the Lincoln area, even the local police will drop you off there from the trail.