PDA

View Full Version : Who will be attending from WB

Blister
09-30-2005, 15:54
Just curious who and when some of the White Blaze folks will be arriving in Hanover. The excitment is starting to get to me more than in other years. One friend of mine is flying out from Arizona and another coming over from Colorado. Would love to get an idea of who will be here. Anyone arriving on thursday can contact me to find out where to stay.
:welcome

Red Hat
09-30-2005, 17:20
I would love to go to the gathering, but transportation is just too expensive this year! It's a long way from south central Texas to NH and gas prices are as high as airline tickets. Say hi to the rest of my class since all my hiking buddies from this year should be heading that way. Red Hat

TJ aka Teej
09-30-2005, 19:22
Hi Blister! I'm coming up, probably will stay over at the Trapper John lean-to north of town on Thursday, really not sure just yet.

DavidNH
09-30-2005, 21:01
I plan to go to the gathering. I have been to two before I believe. I am one of the dreamers!

I live just an hour or so from Hanover so it is not too long for me. Plan to be there around 4-4:30 pm or so.

I probably don't know many or anyone here..but hopefully I will have the chance to meet a few, and get lots of advice!

DavidNH

Chickety
09-30-2005, 21:13
Plan on getting there Friday night.........after work.
Camping at Storrs Pond of course, can't wait!
See you somewhere Blister!!
:)

Panzer1
09-30-2005, 21:24
I will be attending with my wife, Mrs Panzer. We are coming up on Thursday and staying in Lebanon, 6 miles south of Hanover. Touring the area Thursday evening and Friday morning. We will be at the Gathering on Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday noonish for Mount Washington. Touring that area Sunday afternoon , Monday and Tuesday morning, heading home Tuesday evening. We are taking the cog train up to the top of Mount Washington, cost about $50 each, ouch!!. Never been up there so thought we would give it a try. Does anyone know anything about the trip up Mount Washington?? Do we have to bring winter clothes?? Is it really worth $50 per person??

Panzer

Roland
09-30-2005, 21:38
Does anyone know anything about the trip up Mount Washington?? Do we have to bring winter clothes?? Is it really worth $50 per person??

Panzer Normals, Means & Extremes: http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/normals.html

You'll be in the area near peak foliage. On a clear day, the views are priceless. If the cost of the cog is too high, drive up.
http://www.mt-washington.com/autoroad/

Roland

DavidNH
09-30-2005, 22:38
I will be attending with my wife, Mrs Panzer. We are coming up on Thursday and staying in Lebanon, 6 miles south of Hanover. Touring the area Thursday evening and Friday morning. We will be at the Gathering on Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday noonish for Mount Washington. Touring that area Sunday afternoon , Monday and Tuesday morning, heading home Tuesday evening. We are taking the cog train up to the top of Mount Washington, cost about $50 each, ouch!!. Never been up there so thought we would give it a try. Does anyone know anything about the trip up Mount Washington?? Do we have to bring winter clothes?? Is it really worth $50 per person??

Panzer
Personally.. I think 50 for the round trip to Washington via the cog is a rip off. You can hike up as fast as the train goes!!

Definitely bring warm clothes! The highs for today (Friday Sept 30) were supposed to be mid 30's tops! Add on to that a nice breeze of 40mph plus...of course you COULD have 60 degrees and clear..or you could have snow...

An alternative to the cog.. go over to Pinkham Notch (rt 16) and drive up or ride up in a van. LOT CHEAPER!

DavidNH

Panzer1
10-02-2005, 02:55
Part of the problem is carrying another set of winter clothes with me.

I don't want to drive up because I am afraid of frying my breaks or other problems that may cause me more money in the long run. Maybe we will look into the van ride.

DavidNH wrote:
"You can hike up as fast as the train goes!!"

Panzer says: not with my wife. She would complain all the way up. And I am sure she would not make it to the top. Come to think of it, I may not make it to the top either.

Panzer

attroll
10-02-2005, 07:10
I will be attending The Gathering this weekend. I will not be getting there until around lunch time Saturday at the latest. Maybe we should have a place to hook up later in the day. Maybe Jester will let us use Billville?

fiddlehead
10-02-2005, 07:39
I'll be there Blister. (this'll be my 14th gathering) Probably arrive Fri. night. I'll be selling the long underwear on Sat. only this year as i have to go help george selling in southern NH.

Icicle
10-02-2005, 11:40
Snowman and I won't be there this year unfortunately. Our flights back to the UK were not changeable!

We are already discussing Trail Days for next year though!! :)

chris
10-02-2005, 14:41
Alas, I will not be there.

Rainman
10-02-2005, 23:12
I will be there. This will be my second Gathering. My wife is coming this year too. We are flying into Burlington, Vermont on Thursday.

On Friday we will day hike the LT from Lincoln Gap to App Gap. I want to pick up a section that I skipped last summer. The long range forecast calls for rain, but there will be :sun in our hearts.

We will be driving to Hanover after that. Does anyone know the drive time from Waitsfield VT to Hanover?

Roland
10-02-2005, 23:16
~~~Does anyone know the drive time from Waitsfield VT to Hanover? About an hour and a half.

Jester2000
10-02-2005, 23:25
White Blaze is more than welcome to use Billville as a meeting place. I have not brought the big horkin' white tarp thing to Hanover previously, but may do so this year. Either way, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out where we are. Just follow the voices yelling "Head!"

If you want to set a specific time, that's cool. Just tell me when (and make sure it doesn't conflict with the contra dance. I am all about contra dancing).

Jester2000
10-02-2005, 23:26
While most of the above is true, I feel the need to point out that Fester hacked into my computer. I am not, in fact, "all about contra dancing."

attroll
10-02-2005, 23:35
While most of the above is true, I feel the need to point out that Fester hacked into my computer. I am not, in fact, "all about contra dancing."
I know you do not like the contra dancing but we know you love those drum circles. What time is Billville holding their drum circle. I would not want ti interfere with that.

Jester2000
10-02-2005, 23:47
There are no drums in Billville. There are rarely circles. People who bring drums are welcome to stay as long as they place their drums (temporarily) in Chomp's "Ninth Level of Hell Where Drums Go to Await Their Owners, Who Are Having a Perfectly (and more quiet) Enjoyable Time Around a Fire."

There's a trademark on that.

Shutterbug
10-03-2005, 00:47
I won't make it back from Gig Harbor, WA

Blister, I watched for you in the 100 mile Wilderness, but did not see you. Did you make it past Monson? I lost a couple of days due to the rain, but made it as far south as Gulf Hagas. My pictures are posted at

http://www.naznet.com/mcclung/at/at.html

Rainman
10-03-2005, 09:04
About an hour and a half.Thank you!

Jaybird
10-03-2005, 09:18
Just curious who and when some of the White Blaze folks will be arriving in Hanover. The excitment is starting to get to me more than in other years. One friend of mine is flying out from Arizona and another coming over from Colorado. Would love to get an idea of who will be here. Anyone arriving on thursday can contact me to find out where to stay.
:welcome

i think the HIGH PRICE of PETROL will be keeping a load of folks home...
i had planned on attending this year...but, conflicts keep me home.
Also, Model T (http://www.modelt.net) will not be attending.

Lone Wolf
10-03-2005, 09:49
I ain't going either. I've got a 50 mile race to run.

Moxie00
10-03-2005, 21:12
I ain't going either. I've got a 50 mile race to run.Naked< where is the finish line?

Moxie00
10-03-2005, 21:18
We have an early school release on Friday, noon. As soon as I get the little nippers home I will leave Mt. Vernon, Maine for Hanover. I have no idea where I will stay but I would imagine the camp ground if it isn't pouring. If it is raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock I may set up my tent under Jeater's big white one. Jack & Blister, sorry I can't make it Thursday.

:dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :sun :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

Blister
10-04-2005, 10:51
Today only being tuesday, the first gathering arrivals are here in Hanover. Ran into Noel from ALDHA (The traveling horseman) yesturday and he is camped out at the house as well as two hikers who finished on saturday and hitched a ride in a plane to lebanon. Would that be an airoblaze? Lots of people starting their travels. It's exciting. :banana

Lion King
10-04-2005, 11:28
Today only being tuesday, the first gathering arrivals are here in Hanover. Ran into Noel from ALDHA (The traveling horseman) yesturday and he is camped out at the house as well as two hikers who finished on saturday and hitched a ride in a plane to lebanon. Would that be an airoblaze? Lots of people starting their travels. It's exciting. :banana
Did you get my note? At least you have 21 to sale it if you so choose.

Plus, now I JUST found out that my Doc will be playin and I am way south...will do my damdest to get back...crap.

icemanat95
10-04-2005, 11:33
I'll be there. Coming in on Saturday morning and will stay into Sunday.

TJ aka Teej
10-04-2005, 18:55
I will be attending The Gathering this weekend. I will not be getting there until around lunch time Saturday at the latest. Maybe we should have a place to hook up later in the day. Maybe Jester will let us use Billville?
Super, Troll! Hope to see you there - for more than the 30 seconds I met you at the last Dartmouth Gathering!

SGT Rock
10-04-2005, 20:05
Sorry, although I would love to be there, I just got back from Wisconsin and have work related things to do this weekend locally here in Tennessee. It also looks like I might get ganked for the southern Moot.